xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An Idea I Just Got  (Read 133 times)

jsrlepage

• Archived User
An Idea I Just Got
« on: April 22, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

Okay, this is SO BIG a longshot of an idean I already think it's ridiculous, but oh well.

Since BlackBolt had MS contact him...

Why not suggest to the same peeps who contacted him, to make a replacement dashboard out of BlackBolt MCSkin and XBMC? I mean, savegame-wise, live, functions, Audio/video and all that shit.

I mean, like, wouldn't it be awesome to have XBMC LEGAL with which you can actually render your Xbox a multimedia center as well as a game console? AND be able to use the Live! functions?

I agree with the fact that it's as crazy as asking a key to sign Linux for Xbox, but hey...

Alex Atkin UK

• Archived User
An Idea I Just Got
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

Isnt that the whole point of trying to get them to sign it?

Besides, im pretty sure this comes under the DMCA get-out clause of interoperability.

mbay

• Archived User
An Idea I Just Got
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »

jsrlepage,

what you are suggesting would be fantastic, if not ideal! but let us not forget that "Bid Daddy" MS has indeed invested millions into the xbox knowing that by selling it at a "reasonable market value" it would lose much before gainning some of the loss back and making somewhat of a profit; therefore we have intelligent fans out there who are willing to put their precious time into building these beautiful apps so that us fans, and they alike, can enjoy the full benefits without having to go and buy these types of software at ridiculously overcharged-and-well-inflated-costs. MS knows that it most likely would not be cost effective to create their own homebrew apps - but XBMC? Well, now, let's just wait a second! That's a hell of an idea! Let's integrate our 360 idea and show people the new box-slash-all-in-one-Media-Home-Center! MS surely gets great ideas from fans of their products who have taken time to make their own unique creations - sadly, most of them become victims of a corporate attempt to capitalize on such ideas.

Too bad we couldn't pattent homebrew for the xbox - now wouldn't that be a thrill! smile.gif

[MF]superman

• Archived User
An Idea I Just Got
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Raap @ Apr 24 2006, 04:02 AM) View Post

Actually, team XBMC already tried to ask MS to sign XBMC once... They never replied to it

does not ring a bell with me...I dont recall this...

RolfLobker

• Archived User
An Idea I Just Got
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 06:15:00 AM »

Yup, it is true smile.gif

xomp

• Archived User
An Idea I Just Got
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

This is one ZANEY thread!!

IPB Image