xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How will you use MC360 with XBMC?  (Read 336 times)

conners

• Archived User
How will you use MC360 with XBMC?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

Im all ready for it now, XBMC and the skin. Just fitted my 128 MB Ram mod, and my 250 GIG Hard-Disk is empty. I use my Xecuter 3 for the ftp on the xbox. The speeds are awesome on it, and was the best £40 i`ve ever paid.

[MF]superman

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

I highly doubt the FTP issue is XBMC's fault. FTP goes full speed for me. If its acting up then it's an issue with your network.

failurbydesign

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

my xbox........HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH...im so F*&^ING FUNNY......xbmc....

This post has been edited by failurbydesign: Apr 12 2006, 10:21 PM

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »

I renamed the topic so no more assing about ;D

failurbydesign

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

Ha..good change it make more sense now...

AOforever1

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Apr 12 2006, 06:18 PM) View Post

I renamed the topic so no more assing about ;D

Thanks Blackbolt.
I have some things to brag about; it's SPRING, YES~!!

Back to topic:
yeah, I also think the purpose of a dashboard is to provide functions for the system while XBMC is to provide media services. MC360 (MC standing for media center) would be more suited for XBMC. Just my 2 cents.

Darklite

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

Once all this is released I will defo be using XBMC and MC360 as my main dashboard.

Big up all the XBMC and MC360 crew for taking all the shit and keeping it real.

biggrin.gif

shloader

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

I'm fuzzy on other dashboards. For one thing I've never tried UnleashX. Tried Avalaunch, EvoX. For me XBMC is perfectly fine. All menues load fast enough after the first boot. Are there any serious contenders as dashboards (assuming 2.0.0 is as stable as they hope to get it).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I can't figure out what FTP issues people are having but I've found some FTP clients work better with some other dashboards FTP servers. FlashFXP seems best all around, though. I'm sure everyone here knows if you want serious speed then the Avalaunch + Qwix combo is the fastest around. Maintaining 10MB per second blew my mind.

For me XBMC became the dash as soon as I found it. EvoX got dropped and Avalaunch is there when I seriously want to transfer some ISOs over. I just run Ava as an external app. Games, though... XBMC put a serious dent in my game playing.

darkdonno

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

Once this skin is released, ill up it to my box, and make XBMC the my Default dashboard, as it seem to be cleaner/'easy' to use the Project Mayhem III. Currently Have EvoltuionX as its got simple Launch Menu and Listing, where my brothers/others prolbey would get lost in PM3 how its called 'My Programs' biggrin.gif

Plus it will bring some color to the living area biggrin.gif

funnyperson1

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 01:44:00 AM »

XBMC=My Dashboard

AOforever1

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(darkdonno @ Apr 13 2006, 12:36 AM) *

Once this skin is released, ill up it to my box, and make XBMC the my Default dashboard, as it seem to be cleaner/'easy' to use the Project Mayhem III. Currently Have EvoltuionX as its got simple Launch Menu and Listing, where my brothers/others prolbey would get lost in PM3 how its called 'My Programs' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Plus it will bring some color to the living area (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

PM3 isn't such a terrible skin as you are describing it to be. PM3 = 8.5/10 skin (at least in my opinion).
But yeah, you're right about the MC360 skin being more userfriendly, if that's what you're implying.
As for that controversy on the "My Programs/ My Games" menu display. I vote for "My Games"

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

Presently I don't use XBMC as dashboard. Why not? I really don't know. I use UX and I know BlackBolt said he will do a version for it, so I am interested in seeing what it will be like. And I must admit that although under wraps I will be interested in the startup for XBMC skin MC360. I'm sure it will be nice.

As for the PM3 skin, I honestly think it's due much credit. A lot of skins have come out but PM3 skin is very clean and since the animation was recently added, I think it adds a nice touch. I'm sure I can't be the only one who was matching PM3 skin for their XBMC and DVD2Xbox. I know there aren't too many skins for DVD2Xbox, except that new "Vista" skin, so to speak. Well, none that I'm aware of anyway (my apologies for the ignorance of other skinners for DVD2Xbox - no insult intended).

For ftp with XBMC, definitely the fastest way for me with FlashFXP.

debikkel

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

I have been using XBMC for quite some years now, and will use MC360 just for that. I've got a server set up somewhere at home that downloads my favorite tv series episodes, which are removed after watching. Living in the Netherlands I also find some of the streaming media python scripts extremely entertaining, for three Dutch public broadcasting networks have all their programs available as streams (in good quality). XBMC does a great job in streaming any kind of media over LAN or internet. Just the other day I seemed to have downloaded a few CSI episodes in RealPlayer format. Well, it seems XBMC has no problem playing that as well, and the quality was top notch!

Right now I am setting up a tv recording card in my remote server with either MediaPortal, MythTV or GB-PVR. All are free media center bundles that have an XBMC python script client, so I can schedule recording based on live tv guides from within XBMC.

So, XBMC is my/the ultimate entertainment software, and with MC360 it'll be finished. Then all we need to do is finish the internet and we can all go home.

This post has been edited by debikkel: Apr 14 2006, 07:19 AM

willjzuke

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

UX is my main dash and as of now I plan on keeping it that way.  In my opinion, XBMC is a great app and does everything you would want it to do, but I it strays a little too far from the original MSDASH (don't get me wrong, using MS with a modded xbox wouldn't make any sense).  But, using xbmc as the dash made me feel like I was using a computer rather than the gaming console that I wanted when I bought it coming up on almost five years ago, now.  UX is very user friendly and I like the improved original dash type skins it has.  However, I can't wait for MC360 on the media center because it looks too dam cool.  

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

XBMC is my default dash right now, I used to use EvoX back in the day... But I found myself loading XBMC right away too often, so I just switched to XBMC as default :-P

I can't wait to use MC360!
Pages: 1 [2]