xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pm3.hd In Svn Looks Great, But Noticed No File Explorer Function?  (Read 177 times)

djdafreund

• Archived User

I peeked around and didn't notice any way of getting to the File Explorer? Is it me or was this accidentally left out? I love the new look though, MUCH needed. I especially love the fanart view. I would definitely like to see a few more views included with more covers on screen though.

Looks beautiful though overall.

360_Hax

• Archived User
Pm3.hd In Svn Looks Great, But Noticed No File Explorer Function?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:42:00 PM »

PM3.hd?

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:51:00 PM »

Yeah, it's a new HD version of the PM3 that was added to the SVN recently.

360_Hax

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »

Any screens?

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 12:17:00 AM »

Actually, I just found File Explorer now. It's one of the left menu items under Settings. I'm sorry. I'm not used to going in the Settings menu once everything is pretty set. Plus i always use Front-Row, but this might be a nice alternative, since i used to always find myself going back to PM3 skin because of simplicity and ease of use..

Here's some screenies if it's ok with the Team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/djdafreund/XBMC2008-09-1501-26-02-58.png)
(IMG:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/djdafreund/XBMC2008-09-1501-29-19-46.png)
(IMG:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/djdafreund/XBMC2008-09-1501-38-10-96.png)
(IMG:http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/djdafreund/XBMC2008-09-1501-41-37-29.png)

360_Hax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:00 AM »

Is there a SVN specifically for this new version of the skin or is it with the main xbmc svn?

shizzle01

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 12:23:00 AM »

nice  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)  but whats for us with 4:3 tvs ?

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 12:31:00 AM »

It's in the main xbmc tree under pm3.HD. It is also the default pm3 choosen skin for windows builds. That's currently the one i use that is, other then my xbox. Honestly though, even when using 1080i (which most use 720p due to the hardware.) actually is relatively quick compared to all others out there. VERY NICE JOB MAKING THIS ONE GUYS!!!!!

Also, you can still use the normal pm3 if you STILL have a 4x3 set. But remember, TIME is running out on SDTV sets.

360_Hax

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:00 AM »

What's the link to the tree?

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »

You should already have the proper link if your building your own. If you don't build your own, i almost don't want to provide the link to avoid disaster if your using an old/er version XBMC and for the sake of safety doesn't happen to be compatible with certain older versions and below.

So take caution if your not using the newest and greatest release.
https://xbmc.svn.sou...MC/skin/PM3.HD/

If your not savvy in that area though, here's tonight's build i did up for you THIS TIME smile.gif
Tonight's build of PM3.HD Skin (tested in Xbox 720p,1080i and PC 1440x900, 1920x1200) 09/15/08

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 01:33:00 AM »

Glad you like it djdafreund I put the file explorer in settings because Its not something I use on a day to day basis and I'm sure many don't so its hidden from the main menu

And for the rest of the guys obviously this is going to be included in every new version of XBMC since its in the XBMC SVN.

You guys also need to remember this was made for the linux win32 and osx versions of XBMC so its got no programs section in it because they can't run programs properly yet

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »

Hell ya I like it buddy. Nice job! Seriously. I totally agree when i thought about it that it's not really used enough to have Explorer on the main screen, YET still easily accessible with an extra click or 2. Good enough for me. And glad the programs is removed also. Can't remember the last time i used that section to be honest with you. Emu's once in a WHILE.
   Honestely, i think it looks very nice, and still keeping with the beauty of the older PM3, but nicely updated with 16x9 and HD. Question, i noticed a lot of the text looks like it is 4x3 stretched to fit the 16x9 layout. Only because all the text looks higher then normal (stretched taller), is that because of some WIP still left?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 02:04:00 AM »

Its actually just the font style I like it myself lets me get lots of text into titles and other things.  But your not the first to mention it

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Today, 10:05 AM

360_Hax

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 02:11:00 AM »

Thanks for the link dj, I dont have what's required to build my own or I would so I thank you for the pre-built link.

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 02:30:00 AM »

@360_Hax
Oh man, you really should. Everything you need to grab everything is free, for what they use. TortoiseSVN is free to grab everything. And you can use VS2008 for building your windows version, also free. And even build self-extractable XBMC for you and your friends if you want by running a batch file (small adjustments needed for skins/scripts directory locations) Instructions are all in the WIKI.

@Jezz_X
I have always respected you, and the work and effort you put into things, and I'm honestly glad you got to read my Thanks to you for making this HD version. Sincerely. I know your probably still working on things of course, but as-is it's already looking great so far. If not, I'm still satisfied with the current state. But i CAN see your point about being able to fit more text, although it did throw me off guard at 1st, until your explanation, thinking all the text looked that way like it does when having xbmc set to 16x9 but viewing it on a 4x3 TV. LOL. BUT, I admit I am still on the view of thinking it still looks a little more odd currently. And even then, with using 16x9 positions, would that even pose a problem with NEEDING to have to fit more text in the same line spacing? We DO have more space now then even before, after this skin.
Pages: [1] 2