xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Mediastream :: The Wait Is Over !  (Read 1003 times)

JustMeD

• Archived User
Mediastream :: The Wait Is Over !
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

Thanks for the feedback so far guys and we're delighted that you are enjoying our skin.  At present we are ironing out a few bugs etc and plan on releasing an updated build at some point this evening.  Included will be some of the following Bug Fixes etc.

* Added: Option to move the blade on the home screen further to the left (this is now the default)
    * Added: Option to turn off the watched/unwatched icons on the posters/thumbs
    * Added: Option to see current weather info on the home screen
    * Added: Fanart button on Movie Info dialog
    * Added: Option to make the clock bigger

* Updated: Speeded up animations in general tried to speed up the transitions to/from the Settings screen
    * Updated: Made the video preview on the home screen full screen (behind the blade)
    * Updated: Movie fanart now displays using a largeimage control (should make browsing movies with fanart smoother)
    * Updated: Tidied up the navigation of the video info dialogs
    * Updated: Now Playing indicator (in the bottom left) should not display when Now Playing UI is not available (movies views)

* Fixed: Issue where music player controls appeared in wrong position on Music Visualisation screen
    * Fixed: Blurry text in list when text item scrolls as it is too wide
    * Fixed: File Browser appears behind the Video OSD when broiwsing for subtitles
    * Fixed: Refresh button in Movie Info dialog
    * Fixed: Width of title in Video OSD when non-library video is playing
    * Fixed: Songs view now appearing when in Music Playlist screen

There will be a few additional changes included which are still being worked on at the minute.

I will post here later once we have the next build ready for release.

Also some great news for us is that MediaStream will be included in the next T3CH releases so as a team we are delighted about that prospect.

As before any Issues / Bugs etc please post here or on our bug topic at xbmc.org

D

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

Feature I enjoy alot about this skin is grabbing fanart from websites like  thetvdb.com

That's a really nice option, makes the whole thing look so nice and customised. It already looks like a professional style with the black/transp. glossy glass effects and the font choice is fantastic.

Might be my tv, its 37" SD  16:9,  but the when looking at media info, plot synopsis etc. for films, the font is a weee bit small for me to read. Maybe just me. and my tv is a tad fuzzy, despite using component. It's an old box really.

I spent a lot of time getting fanart for stuff and then accidentally hit update media info button, which cained it all up and messed up the library, nooo!!  my fault really    sad.gif

To the guy who runs xbmc on linux, im not too clued up on the linux ver. Presumably yoyure using it so you can watch HD stuff. How does xbmc on linux run? Is it at a stable state? I dont know where its discussed/downloadable.  With this skin, do you notice much speed increase with teh pc's higher ram and cpu? -this skin is quite visually intense. Although I do appreciate the guys have done a good job on making the xbox handle the variety of graphics.   - and the new update has aimed to improve transitions speed too, which Im looking forward to seeing in action.  - real nice idea about being able to move the blade and clocksize adjust btw.

Brilliant skin so far.
Thanks all on team razorfish!

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

1. Well, no. the only reason I run it on my linux laptop is because XBMC is the only player I know that allows me to watch movies from .rar files. I mainly use my xbox for movies etc., but when I am on the go, I can't use the xbox (hehe).

2. I was pretty impressed. It seems stable to me, but it is not considered "ready for endusers" at this point. That's why you have to compile the binary from source code.

3. The skin itself does not seem to be "slower" on my xbox. It feels pretty much the same, except for most of the text not being readable.

I am realy looking forward for a nice 4:3 SDTV compatible version smile.gif

QUOTE(PantsOnFire @ Aug 12 2008, 08:42 PM) View Post

To the guy who runs xbmc on linux, im not too clued up on the linux ver. Presumably yoyure using it so you can watch HD stuff. How does xbmc on linux run? Is it at a stable state? I dont know where its discussed/downloadable.  With this skin, do you notice much speed increase with teh pc's higher ram and cpu? -this skin is quite visually intense. Although I do appreciate the guys have done a good job on making the xbox handle the variety of graphics.   - and the new update has aimed to improve transitions speed too, which Im looking forward to seeing in action.  - real nice idea about being able to move the blade and clocksize adjust btw.

Brilliant skin so far.
Thanks all on team razorfish!

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

Okay guys  ..  Release time again.  We are on v.085!

Check out http://teamrazorfish.co.uk for the download links.

On top of the changes listed above the following are included.

* Added: Log Out button in On/Off menu on Home screen (if Login screen is enabled)
    * Added: Scrollbars to Settings screen (if no. of options does not fit on screen)
    * Added: New French translation (thanks to Modhack)
    * Added: Actor thumbs to video info dialogs

* Fixed: Flashing of Movies background when returning to Home screen
    * Fixed: Thumbs bar moving up to the centre of the screen in the Image Stream view when holding down left/right
    * Fixed: Animation and button alignment on Profiles screen

As before any Bugs / Suggestions / Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Hope you enjoy.

D

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

firefox1988

That is a very strange issue you are having.  Can you give us some more info with regards your set up.  Also have you placed the skin properly and activated via the appearance settings menu.

D

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »

firefox1988

Any chance you could post a log so we can see what is going on.  

D

phistyle

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

loving the update...seems a lot faster now but where is the option to move the blade on the home screen...I'm kind of split on it....I think it looked better in the first release but now i'm not sure lol....where is the dvd menu button ? when I'm watching a movie I usually press the menu button  to bring up all the options like in other skins like video options, audio options, etc. ...I see the others but I don't see the menu option to go back to the menu of the dvd.....

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »

phistyle

Good to hear you like the improvements we have made.  With regards defaulting back to the original blade position that option is available via the skin specific settings in the settings menu.

We will be adding that DVD Menu button hopefully by next release.

D

Dynam!c

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »

First of all a big thanks to Team Razorfish for this stunning skin! It was really worth waiting for wink.gif

The blades are superb. I was waiting for a skin using a lot of animation, because it makes the experience much more intense. U guys really worked that out fine.

I really like the new fixes and updates in the new release, though i was wondering something:

With the blade placed to the left side of the skin (which is very good), i think it would be nicer to replace the "clock", "weather" and "now playing" to the right side of the screen. Also letting the feed disappear underneath the menublade makes it much cleaner, in my humble opinion.

Hope you guys can do anything with my feedback. Keep up the good work!

kalojero

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »

Hi all! first of all congrats to all the team for this great skin, it's very cool! I'm an spanish user and I like to use the filmaffinity portal to do the scan of my movies , but the size of the downloaded thumbs with this are very small resolution and it looks very bad. I suggest that it will be great if it can download the thumbs with more quality images like the imdb. I don't know if it's possible or not, but it will be good. Another question I have is if could be possibly to do a file view that shows the movie plot too, not only using the database view. That's all thx for the great work!

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »

A couple of suggestions:

* The option to disable 'filesize' information when viewing MyVideos in 'Files' mode. Most other skins let you choose whether or not this information is present.
* For the skin to remember the 'previous cursor position' when going 'up a level' when browsing content.  (would made browsing music a lot nicer).

Finally, the full-screen vis for music, is fine enough.  But would people not rather see huge artwork on the screen? -- however I will say that I do appreciate the other infos this skin provides, such as next tracks, prev track etc.etc.  -I realise the idea of this skin is to be blade-centric but dosen't it just make a whole lot more sense to use the screen space? (also given that the artwork display size is not sooo huge when browsing the content).

The text size.. I fear this could be quite an issue... the skin has been developed so that it looks a certain way right? images, amongst text, kinda like a nice classy magazine (morely when in library view). But does noone find this text just a wee bit too small? It's great to be able to fit so much info on the screen yes, but at what sacrafice? -would a wee scrollbar look so obscene really?

I run this on a 36" SD tv, 16:9, component cables. My tv is not the most incredible picture, but still I do find the text just a wee bit too small for comfort.
-those with HD tellies, how are you getting on?

Just my thoughts.
It's fantastic overall though, and the clock-size increase/decrease and blade positioning are nice options.

Pants

Dynam!c

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »

I wanted to report a tiny bug:

When deleting a favorite, there is no text that says delete... Though the option works  rolleyes.gif

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

Is there any way to get the skin to remember the last view style? For example, when you view videos by library, then back out to the main menu, when you return again the view is by Files, not library.

:\

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »

omg i love this , default for sure // looks very goos at 720p on my samsung 40" lcd:o  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif   love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »

New Release v0.87

As some of you may have noticed we have the privilege of getting MediaStream packaged with the latest T3CH release.  However anyone can pick up our latest version of MediaStream from http://teamrazorfish.co.uk

Since the last release we've made the following changes
Added: Toast dialog
Added: Option to see fanart when browsing TV Shows list (not really advisable on Xbox)
Added: DVD menu button to Video OSD
Added: File path to video info dialogs
Added: Option to hide plot in Video OSD
Added: German translation (thanks to tjost)

Fixed: Changed ordering of menu items on home and removed the option to hide Weather menu item so as to avoid any more flashing background issues
Fixed: Clock display so it should work for all time formats
Fixed: Title on Select and Network Setup dialogs
Fixed: No Thumb label on focused thumb in Media Preview view
Fixed: Positioning of Categories selector on Settings screens

Updated: Now Playing UI on home no longer overlaps the blade when the blade is sitting to the left
Updated: Tidied up the weather on the home screen
Updated: Moved position of volume/mute icons so that they are not covered up by dialogs etc
Updated: Renamed Sounds.xml to sounds.xml to work on case sensitive O/S's

As usual, we appreciate any feedback you can give us
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9