xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Project Mayhem 3 Ibox Concept  (Read 171 times)

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
Project Mayhem 3 Ibox Concept
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

I'm not much of a skin maker, but I was tinkering around with PNG's the other day and I thought it would be nice to see some more reflection in XBMC.

I downloaded the Vista-Inspired RKlauncher for XP and ripped the reflective PNG's from that.

This is what they look like in Project Mayhem 3, but they also work in any other skin...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

All this really does is add some "fake" reflection to the menus, but I think it looks nice.  I'm hosting those pngs and all of the custom pngs I've made right here, so download them if you'd like - iBox Concept (with Evox bgs)

The Evox backgrounds...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

raffiki

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »

Looks good to me

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(raffiki @ May 2 2008, 05:23 AM) View Post

Looks good to me

Thank you, sir. And an update...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited:
-Pictures background image. Got sick of looking at that girl, although she was pretty. I like my girlfriend more.
-Default album art icon - now iTunes 6 icon.
-Default movie icon - now iMovie icon.
-Settings menu icons - Corresponding Reflective Mac icons.

To do:
-Swap all background images. I'm doing the photography for this. I want to add a little color to the home menu.
-Create new headings for home and sub menus.
-Make Mac OS-related icons for X-Link Kai, Favorites, and Power icons.
-Make Mac OS-related icons for icons within Power menu.
-Create official iBox logo and replace XBMC blade.

I'm glad at least one person liked it. I will make the skin available to the public, BUT it really is more of a project I'm just doing for myself. It's a simple modification to PM3. That is all.

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

I don't realy want to spoil your fun, so please take the following comment as constructive criticism.

Your icons don't realy fit the PMIII theme very well. They look too... different, most of the icons seems to have it's own style. Plus they draw too much attention. If you check the default PM III icons, you'll notice that they are very subtle and also realy look like they were made from the same person.

Your icons do have a nice graphical quality, I just think the overall package doesn't quite work out.

just my 2 cents

EDIT: thinking about it, they *might* go well with the xTV skin, but I haven't had a look.

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Horscht @ May 3 2008, 06:51 PM) View Post

I don't realy want to spoil your fun, so please take the following comment as constructive criticism.

Your icons don't realy fit the PMIII theme very well. They look too... different, most of the icons seems to have it's own style. Plus they draw too much attention. If you check the default PM III icons, you'll notice that they are very subtle and also realy look like they were made from the same person.

Your icons do have a nice graphical quality, I just think the overall package doesn't quite work out.

just my 2 cents

EDIT: thinking about it, they *might* go well with the xTV skin, but I haven't had a look.

I agree with what you are saying completely. I know they don't look like they "fit" very well within the theme of PMIII, but that will be changed soon.  I'm going to edit practically every part of the skin (most likely just changing the colors of the main menu to something more apple-aimed). The background images are going to be Apple oriented as well.

Like I said, though, the project as a whole is very small and simple and is really only for my personal benefit. I might as well release the skin, though, seeing as how two people seem to like it so far. All it does is add a little bit more reflection. And as far as the iTunes icon replacing the default album art PNG, I did that because I'm constantly using XBMC with iTunes 6. I've refused to upgrade to 7 yet because of the lack of DAAP sharing. But...yeah...iTunes was always the no. 1 thing I've used XBMC for.

As far as xTV, they work fine except for when they're magnified for the layout the main menu uses. The PNGs are only 200x200 (256x256) pixels max.

OF COURSE, I didn't even make these reflective icons. I don't know who did or what they used, but I'm guessing it was probably just a photoshop preset they used on ever individual icon. If that's the case, making reflective versions of the default XBMC PNGs would be very simple. I don't necessarily feel like doing it, but it's an idea. If people request it, I'd be glad to.

And I don't have an X-Tag. I use Kai and XBC, on which I am using l11l1VeNoM1l11l or DOOM. Usually the first one.

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »

Not much of an update, but here's another Evox loading screen.

IPB Image

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

Incredibly BEAUTIFUL  pop.gif

Magnificent theme.  smile.gif

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mi©®os∞ft @ May 11 2008, 01:04 PM) View Post

Incredibly BEAUTIFUL  pop.gif

Magnificent theme.  smile.gif

Why thank you. More soon.

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »

When's the release  happy.gif

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mi©®os∞ft @ Jun 2 2008, 06:54 PM) View Post

When's the release  happy.gif

Sorry, I haven't been working with my X-Box lately at all.  I moved back to PA from NY and I'm still trying to get things situated...not much time to sit down and be artistic.  But I'm glad you're still interested.  The theme is going to be released as a whole skin when it is finished and it will be called iBox.

I almost decided to ditch all the plans for it because of the recent OSX theme for PMIII, but I'm going to keep playing with it.

By the way, Mircrosoft, what is Xbox 4 PSP? hmmmmmm?

biggrin.gif Give me a hint.

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(l11l1VeNoM1l11l @ Jun 10 2008, 10:09 AM) View Post

Sorry, I haven't been working with my X-Box lately at all.  I moved back to PA from NY and I'm still trying to get things situated...not much time to sit down and be artistic.  But I'm glad you're still interested.  The theme is going to be released as a whole skin when it is finished and it will be called iBox.

I almost decided to ditch all the plans for it because of the recent OSX theme for PMIII, but I'm going to keep playing with it.

By the way, Mircrosoft, what is Xbox 4 PSP? hmmmmmm?

biggrin.gif Give me a hint.

Lets you NATIVELY use Xbox Controller to Control ANY PSP Game (NOT ONLY Homebrew Games)  happy.gif

I could release a "2 Second" P.O.C. It runs only FOR 2 seconds before XBOX crashes dead, and you have to HARD Reset it.  sad.gif

The Build Revision reached ridiculosly high 636. I must have tested atleast 500 Builds Pressing Eject Button to Reset and FTP & test and so on...  ohmy.gif

For now the project has come to a halt... THAT BUG.  dry.gif

----

Hey,
Can you design Logo's for my other PSP Project?
PM me.