xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Release : Basics-vision Skin  (Read 756 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Release : Basics-vision Skin
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 02:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(R111 @ Jan 25 2008, 08:04 PM) View Post

will Basics-vision get custom background in the future?

My dirty little secret is I added it then removed it because none of the images I added made it look anygood this was the only decent looking (another vista one) of all I tried all the transperant black made them look funny

IPB Image

So I guess down the track I might be convinced to re add it but too busy doing 4x3 now

mindweaver

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

Awesome work with the skin Jezz_X! I love it. Looks like it will beat Vision as my primary.

I have some suggestions though.

1. An option to set clock or icon in the middle of homescreen. the orb looks unfinished. Or is it just that I'm not used to it just being black yet. But an option would be great.

2. And if the option is to set clock in the middle, there might have to be an option to disable clock/date on top. The same below, if you have RSS disabled, I would like the two graphic elements below to disappear.

3. The most important suggestion, please create a basic list option. The list2 that is now is useless with the GIANT icon to the right, making my filenames scroll. So it would be awesome with an ordinary list option aswell.

Hmm, that's all for now. As I said earlier, great job.. it looks great. Love the background and that it feels more HD than the orig. Vision.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just have to add that I the new menuanimation in home screen is way better than orig Vision. The OSD menu when playing video is also much nicer now!

yoci

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 25 2008, 11:04 AM) View Post

My dirty little secret is I added it then removed it because none of the images I added made it look anygood this was the only decent looking (another vista one) of all I tried all the transperant black made them look funny

IPB Image

So I guess down the track I might be convinced to re add it but too busy doing 4x3 now

I use a custom background and I think it looks quite nice. IPB Image

I just replaced the background.png from the SVN with my own before I compiled it.
It would be nice to see a custom background option in the future though.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(mindweaver @ Jan 27 2008, 03:32 AM) View Post

Awesome work with the skin Jezz_X! I love it. Looks like it will beat Vision as my primary.

I have some suggestions though.

1. An option to set clock or icon in the middle of homescreen. the orb looks unfinished. Or is it just that I'm not used to it just being black yet. But an option would be great.

2. And if the option is to set clock in the middle, there might have to be an option to disable clock/date on top. The same below, if you have RSS disabled, I would like the two graphic elements below to disappear.

3. The most important suggestion, please create a basic list option. The list2 that is now is useless with the GIANT icon to the right, making my filenames scroll. So it would be awesome with an ordinary list option aswell.

Hmm, that's all for now. As I said earlier, great job.. it looks great. Love the background and that it feels more HD than the orig. Vision.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just have to add that I the new menuanimation in home screen is way better than orig Vision. The OSD menu when playing video is also much nicer now!

1) OK I might make it so if the time goes in the middle the date stays up the top I agree about it lookign empty but I just had no idea wht to put in there
2) disable rss in the xbmc settings you mean ?
3) hrmm really not to sure about this one it makes sense to me but I have never had a problem do you use 720p because it fits lots more text in or some other rez ?.  I know this maybe be a problem in 4x3

QUOTE(yoci @ Jan 27 2008, 03:45 AM) View Post

I use a custom background and I think it looks quite nice. IPB Image

I just replaced the background.png from the SVN with my own before I compiled it.
It would be nice to see a custom background option in the future though.

Yeah thats a nice one I guess its knowing where to look smile.gif after I finish 4x3 I will get into adding more stuff

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »

not hard at all just personaly I've never needed it

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »

I'm guessing your not a big fan of custom covers and episode screenshots smile.gif  its not wasted space if you use them

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »

don't worry I will add it just been a little busy

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »

Really enjoying this skin, customizing a little. Agree with the use of custom backgrounds. Thought I'd share a look at mine. IPB Image

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

I really like the skin!!!  I too would like to see custom backgrounds as an option.  Here is a screen shot of one I really like.

IPB Image

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 02:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(lawdawg0931 @ Jan 28 2008, 04:36 PM) View Post

Really enjoying this skin, customizing a little. Agree with the use of custom backgrounds. Thought I'd share a look at mine

yeah this one is nice care to upload it (link only thanks) so I can use it as a test and not be disgusted while adding the feature back

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »

I have one question, not with this skin alone but with every skin and maybe XBMC.  Why does the Xbox never remember the correct time and date?  I can set the time and turn it off and back on ten minutes later and it always says 8:00 PM and the date is usually May 15, 2005.

gac

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(mindweaver @ Jan 27 2008, 11:25 AM) View Post

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mindweaver,

I love your custom icons  love.gif   I am looking at doing the same for my collection - any chance you could share them with us?

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »

Here is the link to the background image I'm using. 4Shared

IPB Image

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hitcher @ Jan 28 2008, 05:33 PM) View Post

You have to leave it plugged into the mains otherwise it'll lose it.

Like I said, I can turn it off then on ten minutes later and the date resets.  I haven't unplugged it in close to 4 years.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Jan 29 2008, 01:13 PM) View Post

Like I said, I can turn it off then on ten minutes later and the date resets.  I haven't unplugged it in close to 4 years.

1) probably a softmod problem reset the clock to avoid clock looping
2) post it somewhere else not in my skin thread thankyou  smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11