xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X Skin  (Read 163 times)

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
X Skin
« on: January 12, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »

Why do you keep making new topics for revisions of the same skin?

redman10111

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »

Is there any interest in this skin or not , would like to how many people use this skin

Cause 1 reply in 2 weeks seems a bit odd

Maby i should stop skinning     dry.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

Its just one of those things that most people only say somthing to complain an the people who like it useally just sit back and enjoy it quietly

XBNormUK

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »

nice skin. Seems things have slowed down a lot here lately, so dont take the lack of comments personally. As far as some feedback goes, I am happy to give you some, of course, just my personal thoughts on it....

I like the colourscheme, a lot. Works very well. The icons are nice too, along with the fonts. So far so good. The thing i am not too keen on however, is the big x in the top corner. Its a nice enough icon, I just feel it doesnt fit a modern looking skin like this. Its a bit of a retro icon and makes me think of the old skins on evox and unleash. In addition to its styling, I think the icon is a little out of proportion with the rest of the skin. Personally, I prefer the focus to be on functional icons, and not cosmetic ones, and with the size of yours it draws my eye too much, I would probs prefer the text bar to simply run across the top with a more subtle icon, if any at all.

Hope that gives you something to think about, like I say, just my thoughts on it.

Techneek

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(XBNormUK @ Jan 22 2008, 02:04 AM) View Post

I like the colourscheme, a lot. Works very well. The icons are nice too, along with the fonts. So far so good. The thing i am not too keen on however, is the big x in the top corner.

QFT

I think it looks nice, but the Big X puts me off. Gonna try it out anyway though.

Erban

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »

I think you COULD leave the 'X' icon there,i just think everyone is saying to just resize it....make it more proportional to the rest of the skin.....as for changing it altogather there is alot of icons on the web of couse...I dont know....think i would jes resize it a bit other than that though I think the skin is GREAT and I also agree that the color scheem is AWSOME .......deff my default skin on xbmc.....oh yeah and like JezzX said Im jes a leecher rarely do i post anything anywhere.....iv been on the hacking scene with my ps2, xbox ,360,and my psp and i read all the posts and comments....usually jes a bunch of whiners so I dont bother posting....well that and i cant spell!!!!  I dont whine about this or that jes sit here reading and quietly enjoying what the scene has so gratiously offered me from thier hard work and spare time.....sorry abit off topic....anyway as you can see by my post count i dont post but i must say great work...oh yeah you too JezzX and all of Team Blackbolt and XBMC

competes2win

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:54:00 PM »

two things I don't like about the X is the fact it looks stretched and the fact that it's a different color blue than the rest of the skin. it really just doesan't go... but anyhow keep up the hard work.

redman10111

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 03:37:00 AM »

So it has finaly come to an end ,  I'm releasing the final  version of  X  ......   I  added some new animations
witch make the skin more alive , and added some slide icons on top of each section   ,,, like music , programs, settings, filemaneger, ex...........
And a welcome message,

and some other animations to .

Hope you all enjoy this skin ,

You can download the final version here =     http://www.mediafire.com/?1bj3f9dkidn

I 'll be back soon , with something new, just working on some ideas.......

And thanks for using X.

pop.gif

mikebeecham

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 04:38:00 AM »

As a thought...why not release it into the SVN, so that other people can take your vision on and improve on it?  Just a thought!

redman10111

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

So i took some  time and finaly figured out the problem with the network browsing and adding , network places

Thanks for the help    mad.gif

I made some new changes , for the better, and the skin also looks much more pro like,   i think   cool.gif

You can download the last version here with all bugs sorted out,,,  

i'm also leaving the all the picks unproteced,,   so you can do as you like ,

I would like to see some work, that came of  X  from other people.

Just try the new X to see what's new    pop.gif

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?fzmm6yyvba1

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

alf4_n1n54

• Archived User
X Skin
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

Im gonna give your skin a try. Dont give up on it, just keep developing it.