xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ford Xbmc Skin?  (Read 102 times)

gasclown

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« on: July 25, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »

You'd prolly have better luck requesting a "theme" for your favourite skin.  

For example, if using PM3 skin, a Ford theme could simply have the transition backgound pics changed to Ford pics and perhaps the PM3 main logo changed to the Ford oval. You could also go a lot further (colour theme, editing more textures etc).

Mate of mine is a huge Ford fan, and I'd do one myself for him but my Brougham and Berlina would never forgive me.  Go Holden. tongue.gif

XF Falcon

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

So anyone got any suggestions?

Even if thers a plain old boring Ford one out there which someone has seen before?   Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks people.

timdog82001

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

I hate to break it to you, but I really don't think you're going to find anything like that out there already.  Your best bet would be to make a new theme with some ford images in place of the default one.  If you are decent with photoshop, the rest of it shouldn't be to tricky to figure out.

XF Falcon

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 05:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(timdog82001 @ Aug 5 2007, 03:30 PM) View Post

I hate to break it to you, but I really don't think you're going to find anything like that out there already.  Your best bet would be to make a new theme with some ford images in place of the default one.  If you are decent with photoshop, the rest of it shouldn't be to tricky to figure out.

Thats cool mate, only reason im so keen on finding one is after seeing this Lexus one.  Makes the whole xbox install seem more "stock" if you could call it that.  ( http://www.jtranman....exus/lexbmc.jpg ).

I tried finding an XBMC skin editor and was unsuccessful at the time.

Can you point me in the right direction?  I'm handy with photoshop so so long as the editor is relatively easy to use i'll definitely give it a shot!

Thanks.

BigDynamite

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

Hey, I adapted a Ford skin a while ago from PMIII. But I havn't been updating it so It will probably only work with the older builds of Xbmc. It's dead easy to modify the in skin graphics, just need to be a little handy in photoshop and look in the xmls.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

XF Falcon

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »

holy crap, looks great buddy.  PM sent  biggrin.gif

XF Falcon

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:43:00 AM »

Well mate, you inspired me to go out and try create my own theme.

Unfortunately the xbox skin viewer i used wont let me extract and save the images in the "protected" PMIII textures.xpr file, so i had to take screen dumps and then crop the images and edit those.  Then I used that XBMCTex.exe to make my own custom xpr file with the new 10 or so images.

Its probably the real long way about doing it, but it works fine.

Heres what i come up with so far. ps the car used in the pic is my actual car - i thought it would add a nice touch

Any suggestions on how I can remove the "WEATHER" button from the screen? And also rename the words "My Programs" to "Games" ..etc.
I tried editing one XML file in the PAL folder but it did not work

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Pillepop

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:50:00 AM »

Here you go for the files in textures.xpr: https://xbmc.svn.sou...MC/skin/Project Mayhem III/media
and for renaming look for \language\English\strings.xml

XF Falcon

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pillepop @ Aug 6 2007, 07:26 PM) View Post

Here you go for the files in textures.xpr: https://xbmc.svn.sou...MC/skin/Project Mayhem III/media
and for renaming look for \language\English\strings.xml

Thanks for the files in that xpr file mate! cheers.  i love doing this kinda stuff.

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »

Hey there XF Falcon I like what you have done, looks good! Is that your beast pictured?
You have inspired me to do a Nissan skyline theme tongue.gif

XF Falcon

• Archived User
Ford Xbmc Skin?
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(skyzerr33 @ Aug 7 2007, 01:10 PM) View Post

Hey there XF Falcon I like what you have done, looks good! Is that your beast pictured?
You have inspired me to do a Nissan skyline theme tongue.gif

Hi Skyzerr33, cheers it took a few hours but its getting there slowly. It looks great when its running in the car. Put up pics of yours when its done hey.

Yup thats one of my cars, some more pics are here if u want  http://www.aussiefor....php?cat_id=300