xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Skin Suggestion: Star Trek  (Read 206 times)

jrl2222

• Archived User
Skin Suggestion: Star Trek
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

Let me know if you need help with anything. Graphics or other.

yn0t

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »

I made some progress last night and today but nothing screenshot worthy.   I wouldn't want to freak everyone out. lol.

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »

Cmon, show some screenies.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »

do you mean as an animation or permanantely?

yn0t

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(timdog82001 @ Jul 13 2007, 04:13 AM) View Post

do you mean as an animation or permanantely?

Permanently.

I'm hoping to use one PNG for other parts of the screen.  Some of the PNG files are the same with the only difference being they have been flipped horizontally, vertically or rotated 90 degrees.  At least in my situation a simple <rotate> XML tag would cut down on the amount of PNG files required.

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »

The AMT skin I did uses <texture flipx="true" flipy="true"></texture>

To rotate other than 90, I think you need to have an <animation type="rotate"> with a time="0"

yn0t

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

Thank you everyone for your help thusfar.  I have "completed" the layout of the main screen for the LCARS skin.  In my opinion, it still reminds me too much of the layout of PMIII so I may end up completely redoing it.  Please look at it and BE NICE TO ME.  I am aware I still have lots of work to do.  I just wanted to show you guys some progress!  Oh, and the only resolution I've really looked at right now is PAL16x9 so the others are probably goofball looking.  So view it in that, I'll get the others looking better when I have something solid to work with.

The SVN for the project is http://xbmc-lcars.go....com/svn/trunk/

Also, if there is anyone out there willing to contribute time to the skin, I'd be willing to give them SVN access so they can update.

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »

looks good so far, the sounds are perfect.

One suggestion, At least temporarily add a settins window, maybe just copy PMIII until your finished. I couldn't switch back smile.gif

yn0t

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

I've had a couple people contact me.  Rest assured there is work being done.  I'm in the process of moving so it's going slow but I am working on it.

As always check the SVN for the latest version...

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »

The orange numbers referred to in the last paragraph look cool, but they have no meaning. It would be nice if the numbers had an actual use when put in the context of XBMC

You could display numbers like the XBox's IP address, used/free space of the various partitions in bytes, The hard drive unlock code, screen resolution currently being used and so forth.  It would be kinda of cool to be able to see all these things on one screen and they would serve a purpose instead of random numbers that have no meaning.

yn0t

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(RMM @ Jul 28 2007, 09:52 AM) View Post

You could display numbers like the XBox's IP address, used/free space of the various partitions in bytes, The hard drive unlock code, screen resolution currently being used and so forth.  It would be kinda of cool to be able to see all these things on one screen and they would serve a purpose instead of random numbers that have no meaning.

My thoughts exactly.  I think at first we're going to use just random static data.  But depending on how good we get at animating things on the screen, these numbers should eventually have meaning.

bionic1234

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(yn0t @ Jul 30 2007, 03:41 PM) View Post

My thoughts exactly.  I think at first we're going to use just random static data.  But depending on how good we get at animating things on the screen, these numbers should eventually have meaning.

Hey all,
I am interested in helping, but I am not sure how to get the SVN code compiled to trial the existing skin?
I have tried using TortioseSVN, but it asks for Username and password, I have tried actually clicking through the HTTP and saving each file into the appropriate folder and then transferring this to the xbmc, but now I get a black screen (I know how to get back to my old skin), but I would really like to try out and assist where I can on the XBMC-LCARs skin project.

yn0t

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(bionic1234 @ Jul 31 2007, 02:44 PM) View Post

Hey all,
I am interested in helping, but I am not sure how to get the SVN code compiled to trial the existing skin?
I have tried using TortioseSVN, but it asks for Username and password, I have tried actually clicking through the HTTP and saving each file into the appropriate folder and then transferring this to the xbmc, but now I get a black screen (I know how to get back to my old skin), but I would really like to try out and assist where I can on the XBMC-LCARs skin project.

Hey man,

I just sent you a PM so check your messages if you haven't yet.  Also, in regards to your SVN issue use the http:// link not the https://.  The https:// link requires authentication.

# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://xbmc-lcars.go....com/svn/trunk/ xbmc-lcars

This link will get you read access to the source code so you wont be able to change anything.  I talked to you about write access in the PM I sent.

yn0t
Pages: 1 2 [3]