xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtv And Tv Shows  (Read 113 times)

Vspec II

• Archived User
Xtv And Tv Shows
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »

Why doesn't it let you? did you untick library mode

bb80301

• Archived User
Xtv And Tv Shows
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

The TV Shows button on the main menu of xTV takes you to the TV shows section of your video library.  To get shows to appear, you need to bring them into the library.  If you prefer file mode to library mode, you won't want to use "TV Shows" -- just access your TV content like movies using the "Movies" button.

Chi3f has said that he's going to add an option in skin settings to replace the TV Shows button with a Weather button for people who don't want to use it.

BB

kcmoney13

• Archived User
Xtv And Tv Shows
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »

BB

Thanks for the quick response. So I take it there is no way to edit the xml file to change where the "TV Shows" button points to?

Also I have been using xTV for a few weeks now and am a little new to xbmc. How do you change from file mode to library mode in xbmc? How are you running yours? This may be the answer to my problems.

Thanks

bb80301

• Archived User
Xtv And Tv Shows
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »

The issue w/ the TV Shows button is covered in the more recent pages of this thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...o...541&st=1185

XBMC has a library mode for both music and videos.  You can add content into the library from file mode by navigating to a folder that holds your content, selecting a content type & defining the scraper to use, then scanning the folder.  The folders / files need to be named according to defined conventions (or redefined by you in the advancedsettings.xml file) in order for the scrapers to figure out what you have.

Here's the relevant page from the XBMC manual:
http://www.xboxmedia...e=Video_Library

I, myself, prefer file mode.  I still use the scrapers to gather information about the content (e.g. plot summaries, cast, etc.) -- which is accessible by pressing the "info" button on the remote.  That said, I've found that library mode works really well with TV shows -- except for things like specials, stuff like "best of SNL," etc. that doesn't fit into the Season/Episode naming convention.

BB