xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)  (Read 663 times)

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

yeah sorry I meant - the coverflow icon isn't square - so it squeezes the square icon into the oblong shape.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

The now playing button is a great new feature. The only thing I was hoping, was you could make the box mainly transparent except the top & bottom. & could you make the cursor selector hug the icon more so there is no space on the sides or top of the picture being highlighted? This was what I was originally thinking of when I suggested the idea to you. So you when u get back from vacation. I need some to. huh.gif

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

I found the problem. Your cursor is way to big. Try to make a cursor like the image below, looks alot better.
http://img521.images...derfocusra0.png

Also your cursor should fit the icon like the image below.
http://img256.images...musiclh4ep5.jpg

There should be no space anywhere. & the now playing should sit ontop of your image with the rest of the cursor box wrapped around your image. Great effort on your part I must say.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

That's easy enough to do - but if I set the icon to "stretch" in order to fill the square it just doesn't look right for  the movie view with the standard oblong icons.

I could make a separate icon view for music icons (ie. square) that filled the whole space - like your screenie if that's what you're after - easy job. But it wouldn't make any sense for the video icon views that are traditionally  dvd style covers (ie oblong) - stretching them into a square looks silly. I know you use square movie covers but that's like your own unique view - I could always send you your own version of the skin that let you have that if you wanted.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

okay that's enough now - maximusoctavious, Nezahaulcoyote, or whatever other alias you feel like using - i can't be arsed with it anymore.

Bye.

competes2win

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ Sep 21 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post

OK. Someone asked me for this, so here you go.
(HOW TO ADD MUSIC VIDEO CD CASE)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wilndt

hey thanks. i'm going to get right to this. thanks again.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

Here's a few more updates

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »

Your screen captures look great on cover view. But this is what I get?

http://img206.images...nshot000rb8.png

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

The custom icons you use have a bigger canvas size than the actual image within - ie transparent space all around the image - The way it's coded, In order for it to look "right" it needs to be all image with no space around it.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »

Can u create a toggle button, to go back to all black screen while viewing my media? The way it was before the update? This way I can still use my cover view. I really like it. The all black background allowed for this. Thank you. Sorry to bother.. pop.gif

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »

I added this to my video pics, to go with the now showing feature.

http://img503.images...ootercd1tg3.png

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

Hey thanks for the new updates. Man, it's looking REALLY good, loving the views too!!! Very nice blend of everything. Starting to look kind of proffesional. Using it now on my xbox in my theater already, possibly perminantly now with the beautiful added views in that room, now that it all perfectly matches.

Thank you sir, and keep up the great work. Hard work never goes un-noticed with me. GREAT JOB!!

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

Shoot, missed the window to edit. 2 things i forgot, after playing around more with it. 1, I would like to see the 'Feature Presentation' low res. snapshot get removed, ruins the whole quality of the skin. 2, Move the on screen info when playing a video more to the top instead of to the right side and about 3/4 to the top. Seems very out of place. Or at least AT the top, and centered. Volume looks fine currently. I also noticed (looking at my LCD display) that it's showing 0-1MB freemem when using "ICONS" view, and around 6-7MB when using "BIG ICONS" view. I mention this in case, i didn't notice other skins getting quite this low. I'll double-check though.

Idea's to replace the "Feature Presentation"
1- Noticed using a bad,low-res animated pic, maybe you could replace with a film,"(3). . (2). . (1). .,blackscreen" effect like a black screen showing the 3-2-1 countdown til a movie starts. Lower res wouldn't look that bad since it's already low detail with that going on.

or

2- Have the semi screen look currently still there, but have it fade to black, then switch to the chosen menu. (similar to showing the screen, like current but without the Feat.Pres. picture showing up, and then having the screen turn dark like the lights are going dark in theater.)

Some idea's to think about at least.  huh.gif  love.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 02:03:00 AM »

1st, it hasn't been used time and time again, 2nd, unleashx ISN'T a skin. Ouch. It doesn't blend with everything else, due to the quality, and the way it does it.

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ Sep 25 2007, 03:40 AM) View Post

in other skins LIKE unleashX.

Umm, who's words were these? Your need to know what your talking about. Your the one that said it. Read it again before you talk the walk. If you meant the wrong thing, then fine, but YOU called unleashx a SKIN, so  yes i DO know exactly what i'm talking about. Maybe you MEANT to say "skins FOR unleashx", which would've been correct, but you didn't, hense the reason why i called you out on YOUR exact words.  Don't cut others down for a simple mistake on your end. I was simply joking about you calling it a skin. ALSO, who WOULD care about how many skins for unleashx that have that when this is XBMC forums? Back to the topic now please  tongue.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15