xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help With Xbmc/mytheatre  (Read 125 times)

nick101181

• Archived User
Need Help With Xbmc/mytheatre
« on: October 10, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

I downloaded a rar that had instructions and a mytheatre python script for xbox media center. Well I followed all instructions , but I'm stuck. when I start the script in xbmc I can my fav list and pick a channel and tune to it, but I get no video on the screen. It has to be working somehow because when I change the channel on the xbox , it changes the channel on the pc. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I got ports 8000 and 8001 forwarded. I also got the ip of the xbox typed into a/v broadcaster. I've got the ip of my router in the python script listed as the video server.

Here's My IP Addresses:
xbox=192.168.0.103
pc=192.168.0.100
router=192.168.0.1

also the part where it says to make a file called dvb stream.strm and stick it in the audio folder, I put it in the c:\audio folder of the xbox correct? whenever I try to click on it, it says that it's trying to connect and doesn't show anything. Maybe that is why I'm not getting any video. any ideas?

I should also note that I'm using manual static Ip's with my router for security reasons. I do not use dhcp, because even with a encryption key, I still found that neighbors were cloning the mac addresses and getting online for free. Before when I had dhcp enabled, I could stream music and use scripts like the iflim one and I could use weather also. Without DHCP enabled, I can't use these functions. Maybe that is why I can't see the video or use weather/internet streams?  Thanks in Advance

nick101181

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

I can get it to work if I disable Http Proxy, but then it only plays about 10-15 seconds of the video from mytheatre, then no video. Any ideas on how to fix this?

nick101181

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

I am getting it to work I think. I'm getting it to run video for longer than 30 seconds and not stop. Now I gotta figure out why I'm not seeing all the channels listed on XMBC. I don't think it's a matter of what channels are encrypted or not, because g4 tech tv and others like hbo are playing fine. So how can I get all the channels to show up?

nick101181

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

Ok now I can't get it to work at all. Maybe because I been monkeying around with the network settings. Ok right now my internet settings in xbmc are

static ip/manual
xbox 192.168.0.103
defualt gateway 192.168.0.1  (router ip)
then dns  is nothing 0.0.0.0

When I click on the dvb stream.strm it plays for half a second then goes out. Before I had it going without stopping at all. I can only get it to play for the half a second when I have http proxy turned off. The Ip address of my pc is 192.168.0.100. The Ip I have in the a/v broadcaster plug in is 192.168.0.103 (xbox ip). Given my ip address and settings, how should my settings in xbmc be in order for me to have the dvb stream working fine again?

brick0044

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

what build are you using?i believe you should be on dhcp not static ip.let me know if that works

nick101181

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

I'm using the newest Build. Ok I found out for some reason some of the channels show up fine. Like if I turn to one of the ALT Sport channels on dishnet, then it plays without stopping. If I turn to a channel like G4 TechTv then it plays for a few seconds and stops.  I also turned on dhcp just for the xbox only, but it still does the same thing. One person said it shows the video for a little bit and crashes like I decribed but on encrypted channels, but ALT sport channels are encryted too, but they play fine.

nick101181

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »

Edit: double post due to Site Lag.

This post has been edited by nick101181: Oct 12 2005, 11:56 PM

brick0044

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »

i read somewhere that you need to go to msdash and delete the xbmc save and then it should work

brick0044

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »

so what worked for you ,other people are running into this problem.did you solve it and how. thanks