xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Start/install Python Script  (Read 83 times)

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
How To Start/install Python Script
« on: March 05, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »

I'm trying to install / run the python script for bittorrents downloaded from
http://xbmc.evo-x.de/script.html

Put the files in XBMC/python/spyce which has the file: bitxbox.py and the directory: BitTorrent

I tried moving the directory and file one up too.

My main question here is that how do I start that script. I don't see it in the menu when xbmc starts! Can someone pls help/

keithacole

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(ZWinFlame @ Mar 6 2005, 12:17 AM)
I'm trying to install / run the python script for bittorrents downloaded from
http://xbmc.evo-x.de/script.html

Put the files in XBMC/python/spyce which has the file: bitxbox.py and the directory: BitTorrent

I tried moving the directory and file one up too.

My main question here is that how do I start that script. I don't see it in the menu when xbmc starts! Can someone pls help/

to install scripts that you get or create..
bestway

place the entire script with all the supporting files that go along with it in its own folder in the xbmc\scripts folder. so you have

xbmc\scripts\myscript

then to run the script thats a different story, but im gonna get you started real easy, go to my files, switch to the Q drive, or whatever drive you have xbmc located, and simply browse to the folder and click on the file that ends in '.py' . make sure you read the readme so that you know exactly what file to click on and what file to modify to meet your needs. so here it is again

xbmc\scripts\myscripts\myscript.py <-- thats your executable

DrawLT

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

I just installed bitxbox.py by pasting bitxbox.py and it's folder bittorrent that came together with the readme files in the .rar.  After reading the xboxreadme file i left the source directory as ' ' and changed the destination folder to F://video// cause i'm using torrentbrowser to download video clips.  I changed the dirselect to F://downloads// which is where i have torrentbrowser.py set to download the torrent files which always come out as download.torrent.  

my problem is that when i launch the bitxbox.py script from the scripts menu it goes to the GUI and I see the files i have downloaded with torrentbrowser.py and I can scroll through them but when i select one and press A it takes me back to the scripts menu and the (running) tag beside the bitxbox.py script is gone

Has anyone experienced this problem as well? do i have to leave the bitxbox.py script open, when i'm in the script gui hitting the white button doesn't do anything.

I don't get any error messages