xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xbmc4xbox 3.0.1 Stable Released!  (Read 363 times)

brandogg

• Archived User
Xbmc4xbox 3.0.1 Stable Released!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »

Awesome news, I've got two Xbox consoles sitting in my garage, looks like they'll be getting XBMC4XBOX 3.0.1 installed on them! I've only *very* recently taken my Xbox out of the family room, used to use it for upscaling DVDs and streaming video. XBMC (though I guess it's mplayer, right?) upscaling a DVD to 1080i looks better than any other DVD player (including the 360 and PS3, which supposedly upscale to 1080p) I've ever used.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »

This is great  biggrin.gif . I've been meaning to update XBMC for a while now and install all the newest emulators etc. This will do nicely.

It's kinda strange to see the name change.

RoboChicken

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

Thanks for this release! Long live XBOX1!

matthewcb

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »

Great news.

I still use my xbox for media playback.

It's had the longest lifespan of any console I've ever owned.

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »

ahh i thought this was a 360 homebrew

who still plays this old system lol

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »

Thanks for you continued work on this great project! I just updated my nearly 2 year old t3ch build, I love the new skin! My favorite new feature is the eject/load option. Thanks again!

Pollux-BR

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »

Thanks for the release. happy.gif

UltraVires

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »

I have updated to this new release and after watching some anime 480p videos it does seem to run some of them more smoothly, before when i tried to watch the same video using a previous xbmc build the same file would be choppy at certain parts, but this release seems to improve on that. However, after doing this update the fonts that appear for the subtitles have been slightly altered for me. Every time there is font being displayed i see a Comma in front of every single sentence now.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »

I smell a 360 release someday!

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

digging the new skin..overall badass

720p "br ripped" stuff works fine. I dunno how the compression was done but looks great.

tristan792

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »

nice to see an update for such an old thing. i like the confluence skin, but its giving me some issues right now. outer edges are off screen for some reason. ill deal with that later. but in case anybody has any ideas, im using component and set to hd16:9.

just a suggestion to others...when i installed it i put it in the apps folder just so i could test it without overwriting my current setup.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »

Does anyone know if MC360 skin still works?

i ask because that Confluence skin just does not look good on a standard def TV as the text is WAY to small to be readable.

EDIT: nevermind... i just got whatever was the newest from SNV and it seems fine.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 01:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(UltraVires @ May 24 2011, 01:35 AM) View Post

The MC360 works for me, however in order for me to add directories to say the program/video's section i need to load up some other skin in order to be able to edit those settings. Other then that everything else works fine.

my MC360 even works fine for that to. but i did just get the newest from SVN with that 'TortoiseSNV' application.

it basically downloads the newest MC360 files from SNV. after it's updated you have to build it (which you run the 'built.bat' file after the download is done from SVN) which puts it into the BUILD folder then that folder you transfer to the XBMC\skins folder. then reboot the XBox and then load up the MC360 skin and it's fine wink.gif

LouDuBB

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

Hey guys I am a new member ( just joined a min ago )

I installed this new xbmc4xbox and deleted my old version...I know now that I should not have.

Any way my question to anyone out there is simply how to get movie info for avi files that I add to my video library?

I use my xbox for my daughters room so she can have all her kid movies in one place and not have to worry about a mess of dvds. My previous version would allow me to press the white button and use the movie info to get the cover of the dvd to display in my library. It makes it easier for my daughter to choose what movie she wants to watch. I havent had any other issues but although it doesnt seem like a big deal, my daughter is having a tough time with it.

Any help is appreciated!

BTW it gives me a message saying server down when i use movie info

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »

Well after messing with this new XBMC some more i would say it's not bad but i do seem to think it does have slight glitches with the fast forwarding on XviD (.avi), mainly when you press left or right on d-pad (which normally skips forward 30 seconds or back 30 seconds) but it's not a big issue or anything as it basically still works nearly as good as it used to, but it just feels worse than it used to and seems to vary how much time it actually jumps forward etc. just the overall response/feel seems a little off vs the last stable version i was using of XBMC which was roughly a couple years ago.

as far as the claimed x264 performance boost... i would say it's probably true. because i can play x264 (h264) 720x400 videos @ 30fps even though the CPU usage is pretty high. like roughly in that 70-80percent range. but i do notice trying to fast forward or back with the pressure sensitive trigger or the left/right on d-pad don't seem to work to well (to the point it's not really up to a useable standard yet) but i wonder if it's mostly because of CPU issues(?) or maybe it's just not as optimized as XviD playback etc?

if i try playing anything 1280x720 (i.e. 720p) h264 files on it (i only tested one file here though), it's definitely not really useable even though that still seems to have improved over the last stable XBMC i was using a couple years ago as even though it's not playing at real time speeds (roughly a 1/3rd real time. say 30fps is normal, it does around 9fps according to what it's showing on screen) it does seem to play at a slow frame rate unlike before where it would act up big time and basically not work much at all.

so bottom line... the x264 boost is definitely noticeable vs the last XBMC stable release i was using a couple year ago up until today basically. but XviD might have took a minor hit but mostly only in the skip 30seconds forward or backward (with d-pad) as it just feels more sluggish mainly.

p.s. but i almost only use XBMC for .avi (XviD) playback anyways as that's hands down the main reason my XBox1 still see's a fair amount of use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3