xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing Unleashx With Xbmc?  (Read 134 times)

NobodyHere

• Archived User
Replacing Unleashx With Xbmc?
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »

Hi.

I recently softmodded my Xbox, and I was wondering if there was a safe way to replace UnleashX with XBMC as my default dash?

The thing is I'd like to keep UnleashX as an app. Is there a safe way to move/migrate the UnleashX installed files into the E:\apps directory, while making xbmc4xbox the default booted dashboard?

The softmod was accomplished through the 'Ndure Softmod Through Xboxhdm' method.

oldtimer82

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »

Hey,

So listen I've played with this for awhile on a couple of newly softmodded machines that I manage.

It is simpler to just run the XBMC app from within Unleashx than it is to edit the startup files.

Also, what you are asking to do is not too hard but honestly for functionality's sake I'd just run XBMC as an app.

My brother does this because it seems easier to do this and just leave it on.

Later,

OldTimer82

RMM

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »

Its a fairly simple process and there are a couple of different ways to do it but I will give probably the most common.  First download the T3CH Modified version of XBMC.  Unzip then look in the "_tools" folder for the file "SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe"  FTP that over to your XBox's "dash" folder.  Next FTP over the "XBMC" folder to your Xboxs "apps" folder.  

To make sure everything is working ok navigate on UnleashX to the "dash" folder and click on the file "SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe"   If everything is working ok it will boot to XBMC.  If it doesnt boot to XBMC stop right there and recheck everything,  DO NOT attempt this final step if the shortcut is not working.   If it is working we are going to rename these files in the "dash" folder; Rename  "default.xbe"  to "UnleashX.xbe"  then rename "SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe" to "default.xbe"   Once you do this your Xbox will boot to XBMC.  If you need to access UnleashX its in you dash folder

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(oldtimer82 @ Feb 24 2011, 03:58 PM) View Post
It is simpler to just run the XBMC app from within Unleashx than it is to edit the startup files.
Absolute rubbish. It takes a few seconds to set up.

- Put XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC\ so that default.xbe is at E:Apps\XBMC\default.xbe and all of the XBMC directories are immediately below E:\Apps\XBMC\.

- Create a directory E:\Apps\UnleashX\ and COPY all the files from E:\Dash\ into it.

- Take the Team XBMC shortcut (2 files), and rename them default.xbe and default.cfg. Make sure that default.cfg contains the line E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe. Delete the contents of E:\Dash\ and replace with the Team XBMC shortcut files.

Reboot and you will boot XBMC as your dash.

klokwyze

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 24 2011, 05:10 PM) View Post

Absolute rubbish. It takes a few seconds to set up.

- Put XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC\ so that default.xbe is at E:Apps\XBMC\default.xbe and all of the XBMC directories are immediately below E:\Apps\XBMC\.

- Create a directory E:\Apps\UnleashX\ and COPY all the files from E:\Dash\ into it.

- Take the Team XBMC shortcut (2 files), and rename them default.xbe and default.cfg. Make sure that default.cfg contains the line E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe. Delete the contents of E:\Dash\ and replace with the Team XBMC shortcut files.

Reboot and you will boot XBMC as your dash.

Worked for me. Thanks.

Now off to get the HD output going.