xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bad Tsop Flash, Got A New Mobo  (Read 38 times)

yellowcard1984

• Archived User
Bad Tsop Flash, Got A New Mobo
« on: April 29, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

ok, well awhile back I posted about me reflashing my TSOP just messing around with the "X" logo and somehow fucked it up and my xbox started fraging. well today I got a new motherboard and was wondering if just getting a chip would be easy, or do i have to redo my HD also? Im thinking of getting the Xecuter 2.3B lite chip.  <

liemer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

flash mobo  biggrin.gif  saves time and money. unless u want to use xblive. Other then that flash tsop. Even the sharp tsop is easy.  <

yellowcard1984

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

well thats what i did with my other mobo, and eventually fucked it up. but my question is, will i have to reformat or redo my hard drive if i put in a chip? I had my xbox modded before it got fucked.

This post has been edited by yellowcard1984: Apr 29 2004, 09:47 PM <

Ozmods

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Have you tried fixing the motherboard with a bad flash?..it isn't that hard..  <

FlashKick

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

that depends on if you LOCKED your hard drive before. if it was locked, then it may not work with your new mobo i think.

and yeah, unless you gonna use live, go ahead with flashing again if you're comfortable with it. if not, then get a cheap xecuter chip(2.3b lite?). the newer ones are expensive for pretty much nothing. who really needs all that bios room and other features?
tsop is the way to go, i'm getting ready to do two for my friends.  <

bborski

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

i dont have any suggestions or anything to say concerning your question i just saw your name and had to say yellowcard all kicks ass.  beerchug.gif   <

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

I thought peeps are getting banned left and right, for large hdds.

I thought the only way to use live, was to keep the stock hdd available.  <

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »

well if you already have live setup you will need to desolder your epromm and resolder on your "new" board.. honestly i would pay someone to flash my mobo to save the drive.. it was bios you were messin with or dash itself.. either way you will need to unlock your drive your better off soldering epromm if you've got the skilz.. easy since you can't boot your old mobo for the moment.. 15 minute fix.. make sure your hard drive and replacement board match otherwise it won't even frag..  <

delacruz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

if you f-ed up your 1st TSOP mobo flash why didnt you just get a mod chip to replace the TSOP  <