xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hotswap Tsop Flash With Ma Exploit?  (Read 45 times)

BlooGoo

• Archived User
Hotswap Tsop Flash With Ma Exploit?
« on: April 26, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

Ok ... I'm a numpty!  I'm so confused I'm starting to get intimidated and I just want to cry!  I have a 1.1 Unmodded Xbox and a 1.0 modded xbox with an X-ecuter 2.3B Pro chip in it.  I want to TSOP flash the unmodded xbox.

I have access to a whole bunch of different programs that I can use (xbins), but I don't know how to go about using them/which to use first.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

Files that I have access to
007_tsop_flash_kit_1_0_alpha6
avalaunch0484-MultiGamedisk
avalaunch04864
Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project
bigfonts25
boxplorer096beta
boxplorer-g-drive-patch
eepmod.v0.3
ernie_and_bert_reloaded
eurasia_pro_generic_flash_disc_1_2
EvolutionX Build 3935
hddunlock
LiveInfo Beta 2
MechassaultwithEvox
MechEurasia
mechinstaller-Raincoast
NewHDEvox1.4
PBL1.3.5i
PBL1.4.1 by gueux
pixel8-blank_serial_eeprom
raincoat-0.501
Samsung_SDG-605_firmware
SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.5_FINAL
unlockx
xbedump
xdump
yalx01

Now I TOTALLY understand that all of these aren't needed, but this is what caught my attention and what I remembered as I was skimming through the tutorials on X-S.

Hardware I have
Modded xbox
Unmodded xbox
PC

I do not have a memory card, so I'm going to have to hot swap the HDD.

Question 1)

So I'm planning to hotswap a HDD in an unmodded xbox to perform the TSOP procedure (as described here), but I'm confused as to what to do.

This is what I've gathered so far.
-Power on both boxes.
-Swap HDD as described. Fine!

First, copy over the Ernie and Bert files to the Fonts Directory on the C: rename the two files already there from XTF to XFT. There should be 4 files there now. Ernie and Bert XTF and two others XFT

Also, transfer the Phoenix Bios Loader to the C: root. there are several files to copy over, xboxrom.bin, phoenix.raw, evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini, default.xbe and boot.cfg I dont know if all these are necessary, but it worked so.....whatever!

Ok so I copy the Ernie & Bert files, and rename them in the Fonts Directory (XTF --> XFT), and all Phoenix Bios Loader files.

a.) Now when this modded xbox w/unmodded HDD is rebooted, *should* it load up a different dash/evox dash/whatever?
b.) What will it load up?
c.) Is that all I have to do to have a different bios load up?
d.) Do I do this first, making sure that it works, and then reflash the TSOP once in the new dashboard? (assuming I bridge the connections).

Question 2)

When/how can I use other progs to give me more flexibility in what is on the dash?  ie When can I flash the TSOP using Slayer's build, or using EvolutionX Build 3935?

Question 3)
What is easier ... this, the MA exploit, the fonts exploit or the audio exploit?

Any and all help will be appreciated.  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

ok, if you have a copy of MA that works with the exploits use that instead of th font/audio exploit

after hotswapping the HD into the modded box load a slayers cd and ftp the MA save to E:\udata

then plug the HD back into the unmodded box and reboot it, it shoudl load up the MS dashabord normally, put MA in the dvd drive and load the gamesave, shoudl take you into evox (use MechassaultwithEvox) you can now FTP whatever bios you want to use and flash (assuming you bridged your write enable points, lol)  <

BlooGoo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

that's perfect.  that's exactly what i was looking for.  thank you.  <