xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Has Upnp Video Streaming Gotten Better In Latest Releases Of Xbmc  (Read 20 times)

Jsmith

• Archived User

Hey folks,

I downloaded XBMC for Xbox 1 back in February.  At the time, the most stable release I was aware of was the Jan 25 2009 version.

It's good, except that I use PlayOn to stream videos from Hulu to my Xbox (it uses the uPnP protocol) and that feature is a little flaky.  To start streaming a Hulu video, you sometimes have to click the file 5 times from XBMC.  It will give you errors or do nothing.  Once it finally starts playing though, it works fine.

Has this been corrected in any more recent releases of XBMC?

Thanks!

rynoc

• Archived User
Has Upnp Video Streaming Gotten Better In Latest Releases Of Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »

No, it hasn't gotten any better. PlayOn still plays nicer with the PS3 than XBMC. That said it is acceptable performance (just have to click twice or three times to start a movie or show due to timeout), once it is playing there is no rewind or fast forward so you are in it for the long haul (don't you dare skip a scene).

What is interesting is that PlayOn caches the show in a temp directory and you can actually convert it from there later if you get too frustrated with it or get halfway through a movie and lose connection or bump the controller.