xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released  (Read 558 times)

kics

• Archived User
XBMC for Xbox 'Atlantis' released
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »

runs great on windows, anybody knows is there a remote control i can add to my pc that works with xbmc ?

Trevor spencer

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »

thanks for this cant wait to try it out

Pres

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

Is the SVN for Atlantis the same as the original?
Hence: https://xbmc.svn.sou...xbmc/trunk/XBMC

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »

NE 1 try the Xbox version?

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »

Yeah the Xbox version works great plays all file like all the others did lol but the fix for RMTP is not been included in this build sad.gif so RMTP plugins (BBC iplayer) will crash at the end and freeze the console.

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »

Thanks XBMC dudes, you all rock!

Hope XBMC xbox1 dev is continued as I still use it every day. Though I'll understand if it doesn't and be appreciative for what you've given.

Beers all round!

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

now lets just hope the MC360 skin people FIX the bug in there skin and updated it so it works properly on stable build of XBMC.

bug i notice is...

when first loading up the XBMC running MC360 is... u scroll to the far left blade with d-pad (i.e. xbmc live) and then not pressing anything else, try going back to the right with d-pad it just clicks but does not do anything... only way i can get it to go back to the blades on the right etc is if i press up or down on the d-pad then i can scroll back to the left and right perfectly fine from there on out.... but it's on the initial boot of MC360 when powering up the xbox that it does this everytime.

p.s. that new skin (i.e. media stream) that's included with XBMC i dont find all that efficient mainly cause without seeing it on a HDTV the text is way to small to read on a typical tv and it's just much harder to use vs the default skin or even MC360 skin.

also... i dont understand WHY people are using XBMC on there PC's cause there's already great video apps out there like 'The KMPlayer' that pretty much does it all.... to me XBMC is only really usefull for the XBox 1 console.... but i appreciate the efforts in the continued support for XBMC as it's pretty much THE reason i still use my xbox1 for playing XviD files.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Nov 16 2008, 09:51 AM) View Post
when first loading up the XBMC running MC360 is... u scroll to the far left blade with d-pad (i.e. xbmc live) and then not pressing anything else, try going back to the right with d-pad it just clicks but does not do anything...

Not that this is the place to talk about skin issues, but this works perfectly fine for me. I can't remember a time when it didn't.

You're using the most up to date version of MC360, right? Note that the pre-built version on BlackBolt's site is somewhat old compared to where the skin SVN is up to.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Nov 15 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

Not that this is the place to talk about skin issues, but this works perfectly fine for me. I can't remember a time when it didn't.

You're using the most up to date version of MC360, right? Note that the pre-built version on BlackBolt's site is somewhat old compared to where the skin SVN is up to.

wait a sec... your saying you can get newer versions of the skin besides what's on there site? ... cause the one on there site, the skin is dated Jan 2008 which is what im using.... and the bug is consistently reproducible to.

also... if your saying there is newer version's of the skin available that's not on there site... any place i can download it?

EDIT: i think i found it on there site... im gonna test it and get back to this post..... EDIT2: im gonna attempt to use the SVC compile crap with there tutorial... seems time consuming but ill try it.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Nov 15 2008, 10:33 PM) View Post

wait a sec... your saying you can get newer versions of the skin besides what's on there site? ... cause the one on there site, the skin is dated Jan 2008 which is what im using.... and the bug is consistently reproducible to.

also... if your saying there is newer version's of the skin available that's not on there site... any place i can download it?

EDIT: i think i found it on there site... im gonna test it and get back to this post..... EDIT2: im gonna attempt to use the SVC compile crap with there tutorial... seems time consuming but ill try it.

UPDATE: after doing what 'Bomb Bloke' said it worked great wink.gif .. thanks alot man

p.s. i just wnder WHY they aint making a official update on there site about it... cause now is the time since we got a stable build of XBMC out.

eduardor2k

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »

Nice work, every release works a lot better!! Good job!

evilkorn

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »

Is there any way to increase the font size in media stream.  I added my own TT font in the folder but it doesn't show up.  I like the concepts in media stream, but it's barely readable from 5 feet away.  I think I remember seeing a post about adding the new font name to an xml file.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 01:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilkorn @ Nov 16 2008, 01:04 AM) View Post

Is there any way to increase the font size in media stream.  I added my own TT font in the folder but it doesn't show up.  I like the concepts in media stream, but it's barely readable from 5 feet away.  I think I remember seeing a post about adding the new font name to an xml file.

i totally agree which is why that 'media stream' skin is pretty much useless even though it's concept and stuff is nice.

The Dementor

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »

The font issue with mediastream has been discussed on their own forums and there are some part solutions.

Firstly make sure you choose the "massive" font option.

And there is also a little prog called xfontsize that will increase the font by however many pts you decide, this can cause a few little cosmetic issues but generally solves any problem with the font.

I use it on a 28" STD tv and can generally read the text.

Darrell_49649

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »

Update, inside of userdata/thumbnails there should be a folder called Gamesaves. If it isn't there make one it will fix the thumbnail problem with gamesaves. Also I realized that with vista you have to set username and password within smb client (system settings/network/smb client in XBMC) or it won't connect through smb to pc. And for everyone having a problem with the web interface make sure the folder named web is even there in your build. You can use the web folder from beta 2. ph34r.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6