xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: All Wide Icons Won't Display  (Read 91 times)

scrupul0us

• Archived User
All Wide Icons Won't Display
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

what are they named?

should be folder.jpg or be assigned with a tbn extension

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »

Thumbnails for folders must be in the folders and named "folder.jpg".

Thumbnails for games/videos/whatever must be in the same folder as the files and given the same name but with a TBN extension.

For example, the thumbnail for "This is a movie.avi" must be called "This is a movie.tbn".

Delete the cached thumbs from your UserData folder then reboot the X-Box.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »

You're presenting things a bit strangely, you mean that "All Wide Icons Won't Display" is incorrect?

So how many icons are you trying to store in one single folder?

Are you using shortcuts?

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »

See, its happening to other people, but with time, it doesn't resolve the issue...

And actually using the term 'all arent displaying' is correct, because only some are displaying...

And i'm only putting in one pic per folder....its XBMC not me

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »

Though I'll admit it can be read both ways, "ambiguous" is as good as "wrong". The more precise you can be the easier it is to determine where the problem lays.

I also think you'll find that scrupul0us's "problem" was fixed by waiting just half a minute for XBMC to load the icons. Given that that's a once-off thing you should know if that's all that's affecting you. I use a fair amount of wide icons and have never had a problem with them (other then when I attempted to use them with some shortcuts in such a way as they couldn't be cached, but given that that was quite a specific scenario I'm highly doubting it applies to you).

Are you attempting to create folder thumbs, or thumbs for individual files? Can you link to a debug log on the subject? What sort of file structure are we talking about? What format are your thumbs in? What resolution settings are you using? Does the partition holding your UserData folder have enough free space?

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 06:31:00 AM »

Seems like someone else has had this problem also in the past...

http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/1001

But, I'll open up a ticket, since that seems to be the route to go...

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »

Folder thumbs are created with a "folder.jpg" file. These thumbs are applied to folders (and depending on your media type, the entries inside the folders as well).

So to try and recap what you've told us so far,

You've got some folders and you're trying to apply icons to them, but only a few of these folders are coming up with the custom thumbs?

What's happening to the items inside the folders?

You can create a debug log by holding X+Y as XBMC loads. It'll be generated in your install folder. Note that while running in debug mode you'll get to view a running tally of how much RAM XBMC has spare, keep an eye out to see if that dips a bit low. You can dump a copy of the log onto PasteBin.

The icon cache settings deal with how large much space is set aside per icon, to my understanding. Hence the amount of memory XBMC will be trying to use is cache size times the amount of icons. You're more likely to have issues by cranking that figure up, so take it back down to the default setting for now.

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »

But as I'm trying to resolve the issue...

Heres the debug

http://pastebin.com/m2fdec878

Also, listening to everything you say, I lowered the cache, and deleted the thumbnails, before doing the debug..

Screenshot 1

And here's a new screenshot...Now the movie blade is blank...Don't think that more movies are visible, because this movie is the only one that's blank, just other movies are blank, that I didn't take a screenshot of...

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

Ignore that last debug log...here's a correct one...

Well, hold on its an updated debug, and this time, I played the movie, Blade, as the folder was still blank...

http://pastebin.com/m470b3818

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

Delete your thumbnails then reboot into debug mode again. Browse to your movie folders and let it generate the thumbnails. Check out which thumbs fail to load and look them up in the debug log. This will show you their supposed locations within the cached thumbnails folder, so look for the missing thumbs there.

And post the new log of course.  smile.gif