xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xbmc For Xbox - October 06th 2008 Svn Rev15805 (atlantis Beta2)  (Read 400 times)

electriccheese

• Archived User
Xbmc For Xbox - October 06th 2008 Svn Rev15805 (atlantis Beta2)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(stonefry @ Oct 8 2008, 07:17 PM) *

That's what I do. Works fine, and fast.

Seems a bit of a roundabout wat of doing it but if it works for you that's fine.

What I do with my softmod running xbmc as dash is start Avalaunch as an application then move my userdata folder elsewhere on the xbox's hard disk and FTP over the new release.

After that I move my userdata directory back where it belongs and reboot.

smokyjoe

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(electriccheese @ Oct 9 2008, 05:35 AM) View Post

What I do with my softmod running xbmc as dash is start Avalaunch as an application then move my userdata folder elsewhere on the xbox's hard disk and FTP over the new release.

After that I move my userdata directory back where it belongs and reboot.

The fastest way (transfer wise) is SMB. FTP sucks at little files. So I use xbmc file manager to load an old install of xbmc, then use the file manager to browse to my pc and copy across to where my current install is.

Tukker

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 02:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(smokyjoe @ Oct 9 2008, 02:09 AM) *

FTP sucks at little files
Set your FTP client to open only one connection, otherwise it will connect/disconnect for every little file. FTP works fine for me, I remove Userdata from the new builds completely before transferring. Unless ofcourse there's something in the changelog.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »

Thanks for this great update love.gif

Bloodfin

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

Flash FXP with the speed adjusted goes pretty damn fast with my Windows VISTA.

Anyway great build!!!

I can honestly say that I have no problems/complaints!

Wait,... did I actually say that?

Also, what the deal with the X-Mass splash? I always wondered why they have X-Mass but no other holidays. Can we get a freakin hell yeah for Halloween in here or something?

bootlegninja

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

Thanks for compiling!  been using this on my xbox for a while now biggrin.gif

Also, anyone else having troubles with video hanging and jumping with the audio staying as it should?  I've noticed now with the high res Red vs. Blue videos.  Particularly the Reconstruction series of it. (doesn't matter if it's .mov or .wmv)  Divx/Xvid movies are running fine.  I've also verified the videos play fine by playing them over LAN (as I would for the xbox) on my PC via the Windows version of XBMC.  I'm a bit stumped on this one since my NAS transfers at a steady 3.5MB to 4MB/s.

re: upgrading
I've been in the habbit of loading slayer's up on my xbox from a cold boot to be sure that XBMC is completely out of memory when I use the FTP to delete the old and transfer the new.  Seems to work better for my setup that way.  Never takes long to wipe out the old (including Userdata) and install the new via ftp.

electriccheese

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(bootlegninja @ Oct 11 2008, 07:59 PM) View Post

re: upgrading
I've been in the habbit of loading slayer's up on my xbox from a cold boot to be sure that XBMC is completely out of memory when I use the FTP to delete the old and transfer the new.  Seems to work better for my setup that way.  Never takes long to wipe out the old (including Userdata) and install the new via ftp.

The xbox is a single-tasking system (kinda like an old DOS based PC) so when you start up another dashboard from XBMC like I do XBMC is no longer in memory and you can safely upgrade much the same as you do with your Slayer disk.

I hang on to the userdata because I don't want to recalibrate my screen and reset other settings every time I upgrade. I also have about 1TB worth of TV shows scanned into my library so I don't want to lose time (or hammer thetvdb) every time I upgrade.

JoeUser38

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(electriccheese @ Oct 14 2008, 08:21 AM) View Post

The xbox is a single-tasking system (kinda like an old DOS based PC) so when you start up another dashboard from XBMC like I do XBMC is no longer in memory and you can safely upgrade much the same as you do with your Slayer disk.

I hang on to the userdata because I don't want to recalibrate my screen and reset other settings every time I upgrade. I also have about 1TB worth of TV shows scanned into my library so I don't want to lose time (or hammer thetvdb) every time I upgrade.

I used to copy over the RAR, make a copy of the profiles.xml, userdata and skins I wanted to keep, extract the RAR to a new folder in Apps, and copy the data back.  Now I use T3CH Upgrader, which basically does the same thing (not had a problem with it, so long as I have the memory for extracting the RAR... easier if I go to a lighter-weight skin).  I like the T3CH Upgrader script since it will keep track of the files and folders I want to keep (such as system\players\paplayer\timidity\).  I especially like that it will update the "link" to XBMC for you.  I actually have E:\dash\default.xbe / E:\dash\default.cfg run E:\Apps\XBMC\XBMC.xbe... E:\Apps\XBMC\XBMC.xbe / E:\Apps\XBMC\XBMC.cfg is actually the "link" that gets updated by T3CH Upgrader to point to the current XBMC.

Bloodfin

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »

My library is steady growing now that I have not had to wipe down my PC in a while so  with the last build I copied over my user data.

Really as a dash all I do to upgrade is FTP in, delete the damn XBMC folder ( yes as long as you dont mess with it and let the XBOX idle during this process  it works fine without crashing at all ) and copy the new back over. I restart the system and with the last build I copied my user data back over in which I made a back up of previoulsy to this on my PC.

Works fine, its simple and the fastest way I can figure it out yet.

krosswindz

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »

wub.gif awesome I just cant wait for the new stable to come out and upgrade to it.

mosen

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »

First of all thanks for this great work.

But there is a bug in the Games-Section.

If I enter the Games-Section the first time the database of my Games will be created and announces the size of them correctly.

If I enter the Games-Section the second time the database announces the wrong size of my games. Some of them are negative.

Hope you can fix that.

sorry for my bad english.

thx

PKoneTwo

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(mosen @ Oct 16 2008, 06:33 PM) View Post

First of all thanks for this great work.

But there is a bug in the Games-Section.

If I enter the Games-Section the first time the database of my Games will be created and announces the size of them correctly.

If I enter the Games-Section the second time the database announces the wrong size of my games. Some of them are negative.

Hope you can fix that.

sorry for my bad english.

thx

Git the same bug.

travis99

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(PKoneTwo @ Oct 19 2008, 03:33 AM) View Post

Git the same bug.

I have installed T3CH XBMC 2008-10-06 SVN rev15805-BETA2

How come the latest version of uitzending gemist XOT-Uzg.v3.2.0b1.7z doesn't work

Regards, Travis

drzoo2

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

Anyone currently using daap for there music share? I am currently thinking of ditching SMB for NFS on my home network and XBMC is the only reason to keep it. Buddy of mine is using the Linux port also and found it wasn't recognizing his daap server either. I was testing it with Rhythmbox. He was using MT-DAAPD. BTW I can see it and use it from other Computers running RB

Thanks to all that make this software possible. It is unbelievable what community software can be!

z

jpq

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »

Thanks for the excellent build, works like a charm. I'm having one problem, probably it is caused by windows.

The thing is when I try ti access a smb share, xbmc gives a screen with: lock preferences smb ip adres. It ask for a username and password.

Entering xbox xbox or credentials for account on win xp home, nothing helps..

I did not encounter this problem before this build..

Anybody having the same problem or knows an solution ?

It is making streaming of movies impossible..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4