xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Nominate Xbmc For Sourceforge.net 2008 Community Choice Awards  (Read 45 times)

Gamester17

• Archived User

It is almost time for this years SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards (CCA). This is the third annual SourceForge CCA, back in year 2006 The XBMC Project won two categories; "best multimedia project" and "best game project". If you are a registered user on SourceForge.net (registration is free) then you can help to make sure that the XBMC project is eligible to be in the running for this years CCA as well by nominating The XBMC Project to one or more categories.

Please note this right now is for the nominations only, as later, once all final nominees been decided then everyone will be able to vote for the OSD (Open Source Development) projects of their choice in each category. This year Team-XBMC hope that you will help us be nominated in at least the "Multimedia" category, and maybe even the "Best Project" category as well, (as it is possible to go back and nominate XBMC to more than one category). The prize if would win: 'bragging rights' and the SourceForge.net CCA logo on the SourceForge.net XBMC project page.

Reminder! Last year we were nominated however as the majority of our fans seem to forget that they also needed to vote later again as well, so we did not win in any of the categories that we were nominated in that year even though we were a finalist in 6 categories (much more than any other project).

Registered SourceForge.net users can submit your nomination for the XBMC project here (link)
(You can revisit the link to nominate the XBMC project in more than one category if you wish)

Have YOU nominated the XBMC project yet?

Signed / Team-XBMC

This post has been edited by Bomb Bloke: May 17 2008, 04:58 AM

Gamester17

• Archived User
Help Nominate Xbmc For Sourceforge.net 2008 Community Choice Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »

I personally nominated XBMC to Best Project for Multimedia and Best Project, also because it has changed my life I had to nominate XBMC to Most Likely to Change the World as well.

I did not nominate XBMC in anything else because I do not feel that XBMC fall into any of those other categories.

Now where is the love?

This post has been edited by Gamester17: May 16 2008, 05:11 PM

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »

Yep. Just shown my love for nominating the following-
o Best Project
o Best Project for Multimedia
o Most Likely to Change the World

I personally didn't forget to also vote last time. But it WAS, agreeably, a problem that a lot of users did forget to also vote. PLEASE PEOPLE, DON'T forget to do this this time around. XBMC deserves it!!!!

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »

Gamester17, I've edited your post as a few of the links were out of date.

Got my nominations in last night.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  Don't forget to vote everyone! Voting opens late June!

lingenfr

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »

i also nominated xbmc for most likely to make bill gates hemroids flare up.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »

sorry I nominated Evox for best Media App, maybe next year guys

Martomo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 06:26:00 AM »

You got my vote, keep up the good work XBMC  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Best Project for Multimedia
Most Likely to Change the World