xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xbmc For Xbox - May 04th 2008 Svn Rev12881 Build  (Read 530 times)

elupus

• Archived User
Xbmc For Xbox - May 04th 2008 Svn Rev12881 Build
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »

foehammer:
it's actually probably a nonissue. It's not audio in the wrong order, it's just A/V sync that goes haywire when there are stillframes on the dvd (only happens in menu's). but ofcourse we should try to fix it.

are you playing a ripped vob with the thx test or the actual dvd? it makes a huge difference.

mcklain

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 06:26:00 AM »

There seems to be a problem with subtitles using TTF fonts, they appear squeezed.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »

Please help. This is the second build in a row that does not support file stacking????????????????????????????
If I put 4-6-08 build back in no problem????? Its bullshit because it takes me hours to redo all my music pics with differn't views. Does anyone know what settings to save so I don't have to go throught his shit everytime? I don't mean to bitch, but u would to if u had to spend hours redoing something because of the lack of fixes? I reported this in the last build and it still isn't fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I click on a section that has multiple parts, there are no numbers there??????? grr.gif

RockBastard

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ May 5 2008, 08:48 PM) View Post

... I don't mean to bitch, but u would to if u had to spend hours redoing something because of the lack of fixes? I reported this in the last build and it still isn't fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIY then  dry.gif

I bet you do it faster tongue.gif

---

Thanks for the efford Team XBMC, and T3CH for compiling the builds.. much appreciated smile.gif

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

angrey face, tons of !, demanding attitude!

we'll make sure to bump your utterly undescriptive problem, stacking? music files??? rite on top of our list...

Cimlite

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

That post by maximusoctavious actually make me laugh out loud. That's so dumb it has to be sarcasm.

Anyway, build seems to be working fine for me... the only thing I noticed is that when I run some files in MP4v format with the fanart backgrounds on, XBMC crashes. I'm guessing this is due to lack of memory... so nothing to do about that.

The thing is that if I go back one T3ch build and try the same thing, XBMC does not crash but rather just opens the video and never starts to play (stays at 00:00:00). This allows you to press stop and continue using the Xbox.

No biggy, take your time fixing this issue. Though if you guys don't... I will post at least one angry face smiley and a minimum of 10 exclamation marks in my next post. tongue.gif

NotShorty

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ May 5 2008, 02:48 PM) View Post
This is the second build in a row that does not support file stacking

Um, if possible, I'll ask my Q with fewer question marks...

Is he referring to the filestacking issue from the 4/20 build, where stacked files ended up as 2 separate entries when scanned into the Library? Because this issue prompted me to roll back to 4/6 (which fixed it).

Of course, I am the grateful type of fellow who backs up his UserData folder before updating to the latest build  cool.gif

Thanks to everyone for their hard work,
NS

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hack_kid @ May 5 2008, 05:48 AM) View Post

You should report that Bug on the offical bug tracker thas an important one

I thought this was the place to report bugs for the latest builds.  Shows how much i know for the past 5yrs i've been here, lol!

Where is this official bug tracker that you speak of?

QUOTE(elupus @ May 5 2008, 06:00 AM) View Post

foehammer:
what type of source (audio codec specifically) has this issue?

Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 and DTS 5.1

QUOTE(elupus @ May 5 2008, 06:23 AM) View Post

foehammer:
it's actually probably a nonissue. It's not audio in the wrong order, it's just A/V sync that goes haywire when there are stillframes on the dvd (only happens in menu's). but ofcourse we should try to fix it.

are you playing a ripped vob with the thx test or the actual dvd? it makes a huge difference.

I'm playing from the actual DVD, and have tried the ripped vob file.  Both give the same results.

Right now i'm using the XBMC-SVN_2008-02-24_rev11787-T3CH build, and the issue is not present with the actual DVD disc or the ripped vob.  Every build after it has the issue, though.

6StringKng

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ May 5 2008, 01:48 PM) View Post

Please help. This is the second build in a row that does not support file stacking????????????????????????????
If I put 4-6-08 build back in no problem????? Its bullshit because it takes me hours to redo all my music pics with differn't views. Does anyone know what settings to save so I don't have to go throught his shit everytime? I don't mean to bitch, but u would to if u had to spend hours redoing something because of the lack of fixes? I reported this in the last build and it still isn't fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I click on a section that has multiple parts, there are no numbers there??????? grr.gif

back up the UserData folder and copy it back over after installing the new build.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE("Foe-hammer")
I thought this was the place to report bugs for the latest builds. Shows how much i know for the past 5yrs i've been here, lol!

Where is this official bug tracker that you speak of?

http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report

As linked to in the first post of each of these threads.  wink.gif

A lot of bugs do get reported here (which is good, because a lot of the time user error is the issue), and some even get fixed that way. But if you really want a problem addressed it's best to do things properly.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ May 6 2008, 02:28 PM) View Post

http://xbmc.org/wiki...oper_Bug_Report

As linked to in the first post of each of these threads.  wink.gif

A lot of bugs do get reported here (which is good, because a lot of the time user error is the issue), and some even get fixed that way. But if you really want a problem addressed it's best to do things properly.

and here is also a good place to make sure its not just you before posting a official bug report because you also need to tell us how to reproduce it in the report not just that it happens

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »

mcklain wrote:

There seems to be a problem with subtitles using TTF fonts, they appear squeezed.

What exactly is the problem?  What resolution are you using for the GUI and video playback (they may differ)?  What skin?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ May 5 2008, 11:34 PM) View Post

and here is also a good place to make sure its not just you before posting a official bug report because you also need to tell us how to reproduce it in the report not just that it happens

I did give detailed info. about the bug, and how to reproduce it... or at least i though i did?  I'll now report it to the proper place.

EDIT - "in the report..."  gotcha.

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »

nobody said otherwise. please include a sample file if possible

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »

indeed Foe-Hammer mine was just a general comment at anybody thinking of posting a bug report not just to you smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4