xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Having Video Streaming Issue  (Read 26 times)

mva5580

• Archived User
Having Video Streaming Issue
« on: March 20, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum technically to post this, but I considered my options and considering I'm running XBMC I figured this would be a good place to start.

My setup is that my cable modem/router is downstairs, and upstairs in our bedroom is the Xbox hooked up to the MS Wireless G Adapter.   According to the MS Dashboard, the signal strength is usually "Very Good" but sometimes goes down to "Good."  At 48mbps.

It seems like I'm having a lot of difficulty in being able to stream xvids/iso's to the Xbox without some serious (i.e. unwatchable) stuttering.   These are xvids w/ ac3 audio encoding, most of the movies are in the 1.6-2.0gb size range.   Now we also have a laptop upstairs in another bedroom, and I'm able to watch these files on that without a problem.  No stuttering at all.

Are there any kind of settings, options, etc. that I'm missing to help with this problem? I really want to make this work and I figure if the laptop upstairs can watch them, then maybe there are just some configuration things on the Xbox I'm missing.

Thanks for any possible help.