xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?  (Read 1009 times)

snakesnoke

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 05:07:00 AM »

Yup, I have a Samsung LE 32 R 71 B 32-Zoll/ 82 cm 16:9 "HD ready" LCD-TV and it looks amazing! Very sharp and clear, almost no slowdown. :-)

Because I don't want to start a new topic, I hope someone read this here and can help. 3 questions:

- How can I play a normal SVCD? If I insert it into the DVD drive XBMC doesn't recognize it. It says the drive is empty.

- I would like to use XBMC as main dashboard. Are there any disadvanteges in comparison with UnleashX except of the slower ftp transfer? Also, How can I add new Menu items (I would like to start Emulators from the menu) and how to let music play automatically in the menu?

- Similar problems with ISO file on DVD. I can't read it in XBMC but over SMB share from my computer no problem. Somehow I guess now I have to patch my DVD drive or something? And no DVD menu navigation?

Thanks for your help.

This post has been edited by snakesnoke: Sep 29 2007, 12:23 PM

mattzane227

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »

I use xbmc in 1080i and it's not slow and it plays all my videos swimmingly.

thee jambo

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaSingh @ Jan 10 2007, 01:06 AM) *

Has anyone else had the problem of the screen output being too dark when using HD AV Pack? I cant seem to fix this probelm, this is the only thing stopping me from using XBMC in HD... What are you guys using?

I have one of these
(IMG:http://images.andale.com/f2/114/116/22619140/1138599915546_XBOX_HDAVPACK.jpg)
from ebay not official... Am I better off getting the monster cables and do you know where I can get them in UK?

I've been thinking of getting one of these from ebay but it says that movie play back is in 480i only.
As i have just got a new hd telly I'd love to get it playing in high def.
 Would one of these be the right choice?

snakesnoke

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(snakesnoke @ Sep 29 2007, 01:43 PM) *
- How can I play a normal SVCD? If I insert it into the DVD drive XBMC doesn't recognize it. It says the drive is empty.
- I would like to use XBMC as main dashboard. Are there any disadvanteges in comparison with UnleashX except of the slower ftp transfer? Also, How can I add new Menu items (I would like to start Emulators from the menu) and how to let music play automatically in the menu?
- Similar problems with ISO file on DVD. I can't read it in XBMC but over SMB share from my computer no problem. Somehow I guess now I have to patch my DVD drive or something? And no DVD menu navigation?
Any help? I found out: "Most Xbox DVD-ROM dives are Thomson or Philips which cannot read CD-R media." I have a thomson drive.

This post has been edited by snakesnoke: Oct 3 2007, 10:16 PM

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:00 AM »

should be:   "How rich are you?"

bit dull that this thread is always top of the board    wink.gif

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(PantsOnFire @ Oct 30 2007, 11:00 AM) *

should be:   "How rich are you?"

bit dull that this thread is always top of the board    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

come on, that sorta comment isn't needed.  

I am using XBMC in HD (to be honest, it looks fantastic, and going back to xbmc on my other regular sets is difficult)

HD sets are getting more affordable, you should save up , and experience xbmc in high res, the difference will blow your mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

VegaLA

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »

This confuses me.

I brought the HD cables for the XBox a while ago and only the other night I set up the system settings to 720 and then posted on another forum explaining that the files I had D/l from TeamXBox, 720P WMV game trailers would play but were extremly choppy and therefore unwatchable. I asked if there are any file types that would work since I *thought* one of the DivX or XVid codecs would play in 720 but I was told that the XBox processor just cannot handle that resolution.

That being the case, what is the point of HD on XBMC ? Just for the UI and photos ? I'm sure people using XBMC have played full movies in 720 on XBMC but it sounds like I am mistaken.

Any advice or links to sample vids that play in 720 much appreciated.

[NOFX]

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(VegaLA @ Nov 15 2007, 06:39 AM) *

This confuses me.

I brought the HD cables for the XBox a while ago and only the other night I set up the system settings to 720 and then posted on another forum explaining that the files I had D/l from TeamXBox, 720P WMV game trailers would play but were extremly choppy and therefore unwatchable. I asked if there are any file types that would work since I *thought* one of the DivX or XVid codecs would play in 720 but I was told that the XBox processor just cannot handle that resolution.

That being the case, what is the point of HD on XBMC ? Just for the UI and photos ? I'm sure people using XBMC have played full movies in 720 on XBMC but it sounds like I am mistaken.

Any advice or links to sample vids that play in 720 much appreciated.

Ive got the same problem... ive just bought a Samsung 4069 HD and when i changed my setting in the MS Dashboard to 720p then go to the screen setting in XBMC and set the res to 720p and try to read a divx they refuse to start... anyone have a solution to this?

Thank you!

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

I have my XBMC set to 16:9 ratio and at 720p and I have to say....best it's ever looked! As for the HD playback, from what I understand...Xbmc supports HD images ( therefore making the dash and photos look great...and the screensavers and visuals look awsome) abut can't fully support HD files like HD WMV or .x264 due to lack of processor power. But as quoted from the XBMC Wiki......

"In general, it can not play native HD format videos, but can upscale SD or lower format video to HD resolutions

A standard XBox (with the XBox HD AV Pack) is capable of outputting HD signals. XBMC can quite easily upscale all low-resolution videos (like retail DVD Movies) to 720por 1080i.

Unfortunately, the XBox's 733Mhz Intel Pentium-III CPU, is to slow to play native HD video (Microsoft® and DivX® recommends a 2.4 Ghz PC + 384MB RAM for 720p MPEG-4 playback!). This means that you might only get maybe 10-20fps (frames per seconds) displayed which would appear so jerky because of all dropped frames that it will be un-viewable."

XBMC Wiki - FAQ: HD Support in XBMC

This post has been edited by FourTwentySmiles: Feb 25 2008, 08:43 AM

SphtKr76

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »

I use 720p on my 27" LCD and 1080i on my 61" DLP. Makes a huge difference, especially in the dash.

BerT69

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

I have a 65" Samsung hooked up HD....and its BEAUTIFUL.... Everything is great, just the xbox's cpu is starting to show its age, alot of my HD videos just will not play full speed, and I do not think its a problem with XBMC. I have full plans to build a Linux box when the time comes to replace my current computer in my living room. XBMC is a much better interface than windows ever dreamed of. Keep up the good work guys. We have loved it for YEARS now.

cbagy

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

Resample your video files to fit say 1280x720 and you will be good to go, the reason most HD content is choppy is cause they are encoded at a higher res than 1280 x 720 (usually for 1080).

cayotic

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »

I've been rockin' HD for years now. It looks cleaner than ever.

Here's my issue with widescreen though:
Forced 4:3 on start up

Every time I restart the xbox, XBMC defaults to 4:3 normal video and I have change it to widescreen 720 and then reload XBMC.

Is there a way around this? I think it has to do with my softmod, but other Xbox doesn't have this issue.

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »

Did you set up resolution thru the MS dash or only thru the XBMC settings?

This post has been edited by FourTwentySmiles: Dec 31 2008, 08:58 PM

donofrio

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »

I use HD 720 I believe for my boys xboxes(using the X2VGA from neoya.com) and it looks great.  

--Just wish I could get xdsl 0.7 working with my 2gb loopback install )-:

should have added yes I use HD to power a vga 17" LCD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5