xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Choppy Video Stream  (Read 191 times)

DMAddict

• Archived User
Choppy Video Stream
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

Over the past few days when I attempt to stream video from my media center PC I get choppy video playback. I'm using XBMC and it seems that in the past I had read that deleting the network cache can resolve this. My question is, where in XBMC do I delete the cache from? I can't seem to find it.

Abe87

• Archived User
Choppy Video Stream
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

I think what you want to do is turn on the no cache option. While playing a file open the osd by pressing start and find the option that says no cache and turn it on. Hope this helps!

DMAddict

• Archived User
Choppy Video Stream
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I just read about that here. This only appears to be a temporary fix though. I thought there was somewhere that the cache could be deleted, maybe not.

DMAddict

• Archived User
Choppy Video Stream
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

I thought I would go ahead and report back my result/fix. I wasn't really sure why I started getting the choppy video in XBMC, as nothing had been changed on my home network. I have 2 xbox's, 4 PC's, a Linksys 5 port router and 20 port hub on my network. Setting XBMC to 'no cache' did not resolve. In my trouble shooting I started by replacing my Linksys router(had a spare). That didn't resolve so I then replace all my patch cables.(still not fixed) I change all my PC's to DHCP, which still did nothing for me. At this point I was just trying anything for kicks. Then, I changed the NIC speed from 100/Full Duplex to Auto and this resolved the issue. Not too sure why because it has always been set to 100/Full, but that was it.

Trigger911

• Archived User
Choppy Video Stream
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »

THis needs to be sticked it fixed my problem ... im guessing the xbox1 is 100 half