xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playback Of Dvd Stored On Hdd...  (Read 117 times)

slumberpod77

• Archived User
Playback Of Dvd Stored On Hdd...
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

what build are ya using there, sparky?

BWiL 420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:10:00 AM »

Well it's not the LATEST but its xbmc 2006-05-13

The only thin I can think of is to adjust the screen settings in XBMC and make the subtitles appear offscreen. Not a great solution but best I can do

Funny you say that, I tried it and when you adjust the video calibration your subtitles will not go outside those boundaries so you cant move them offscreen.

BTW
what build are ya using there, sparky?

Sparky? WTF: lol

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

yeah, i'm usually not very nice when people do not post all the neccessary and relevant information with their questions.
now, can ANYONE confirm this "bug"?

also are you using the DVD player or mplayer to play back the files, and exactly what format are these files in? are they ISO images? are they just the files off the DVD? again with the "not enough information to actually help you"...

BWiL 420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 01:30:00 AM »

I just figured when I told you what tool I am using to rip the dvd then you would know. But apparently not.
It's OK.
It has the same structure as a DVD movie (a bunch of VOBs and IFOs), I store the AUDIO_TS + VIDEO_TS folders of any one of my movies in another folder titled the name of that movie.
Each movie is stored in a folder called Movies in my F drive.

Do you need more info?

Xbox v1.1
font exploit softmod
250 GB WesternDigital

Anything else?

BWiL 420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 01:40:00 AM »

I somewhat have it figured out.
Mplayer- Doesn't support menus and I have nothing but trouble playing a DVD movie with it. But when I select "no subtitles" it DOES work.
DVDPlayer (Default)- Plays DVD movies good with menus and all but seems to not save the "no subtitles" setting.

Either way DVDPlayer has a bug or something

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

yes this is a known bug with dvd's that doesn't contain the menus.. if you keep menus during rip, it will work just fine. don't know why it happens yet.

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

dvd's don't use any fonts.. they use a image with text on it wich is overlayed the on the video..

evilkorn

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

You can remove the subs yourself with dvd shrink.  You can just have the retail copy w/ and a hard copy with just the video files and no subs/extra/menu.

BWiL 420

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

You can remove the subs yourself with dvd shrink. You can just have the retail copy w/ and a hard copy with just the video files and no subs/extra/menu.

Correct. But, I have at least 25 backups that I wanted to have the option for subtitles (although I may never have used them). And I knew XBMC has the option to disable them, but it apparently is a bugged feature. So why take all of those movies and take out the subs with DVDShrink when all I REALLY need is for that function to work properly.
I will consider making a bug report.

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

i think there already is a bug report on it.. if not, please do..

martin.liversidge

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(BWiL 420 @ May 25 2006, 01:23 AM) View Post

Correct. But, I have at least 25 backups that I wanted to have the option for subtitles (although I may never have used them). And I knew XBMC has the option to disable them, but it apparently is a bugged feature. So why take all of those movies and take out the subs with DVDShrink when all I REALLY need is for that function to work properly.
I will consider making a bug report.

Yeah, me too