xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Xbmc Ajax Interface Beta 1  (Read 606 times)

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Xbmc Ajax Interface Beta 1
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

new version is a lot nicer, yet it seems to kill my internet when I try to use it..

mhernie

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

excellent work!  you should team up with Blackbolt MC360 skinning team and have them assist you with the graphics.  this is exactly what I've been looking for.  look forward to your continued progress...

Asmith

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

just uploaded ajax folder into web folder of xbmc. Cant get it working. Is it the network settings? what sort of settings must I use? Or do I have to install another script into xbmc to get it work. Please help.
Adrian

beenieman4355

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

We are not worthy.

Very Nice work. Good progress and like the rest wanna see a video option and even a pictures option.

imamafackinhokie

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Asmith @ Mar 27 2006, 01:49 PM) *

just uploaded ajax folder into web folder of xbmc. Cant get it working. Is it the network settings? what sort of settings must I use? Or do I have to install another script into xbmc to get it work. Please help.
Adrian

enable the http on the settings, then type your xbox ip address /ajax in the address bar

in firefox

192.168.0.4/ajax

watar

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

Very nice work  smile.gif
but I seem to have a problem, whenever i start the interface i have to click through a bunch of these IPB Image

After some troubleshooting i think the problem is the swedish characters i have in some folder names,
ie: รค (a with two dots on top)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Jose_T

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

Thanks for this hard work !!!!!!!!!!!!

bconnolly

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Wow this is rad.  If this gets developed to be more responsive (re: quicker) and look smoother, it will completely replace my Squeezebox.  This is the one thing I was missing with XBMC... a nice web UI to control the audio playlist without having the tv on.

Thank you very much for the work and good luck with further development.  If you need help with making the UI look smoother, I can help out with my knowledge in CSS.

bconnolly

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

Also, here are my critiques of quick ways to make the UI blend more with the graphics (and the whole default XBMC "look"):

1) Match the fonts.  The serif font that is used throughout should be whatever XBMC's default skin uses (which I believe is Arial).
2) Disable the horizontal scrolling on both iframes.  When you drag from one frame to the other, a horizontal scrollbar appears when it really doesn't have to.
3) From a usability standpoint, the two buttons on the far right of a folder should be "play now" and "add to playlist".  A single click should open the folder.  This way the user won't have to drag the folders (even though that is, admittedly, a cool feature).
4) Try to match the glyphs to what XBMC uses.  As a reference, I'd use the buttons that pop up when you hit start button (the quick play/pause/stop/prev/next) and just blow them up to be larger.
5) The glyphs on the folders and files (type, play now, add to playlist) should all be smaller.  Really, that box shouldn't be much taller than the text inside of it.
6) Single clicking a song should play it.

And never forget: this is an awesome project and I'm very glad you've made it.  Anything I've suggested is not a dig at your work, they're just suggestions!  Thanks a lot once again.

bconnolly

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »

Not sure if you're aware of this or if it's really a "bug" but I found this to be sort of odd:

1) Queue up an album through XBMC (via the Xbox, not the AJAX interface) and have it start playing
2) Open http://ip/ajax
3) The song queue on the Xbox is cleared and once the current song is over, no more music plays

eriktar

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

Hi

I know this feature is availeble in a python script, but I think it is rater limited since you need a windows app running to use it.  What I would like is to have a textbox for a URL and a view button.  So that I could paste a url from my browser, click view and have the lovely xbmc go out on the net and stream it for me.

-Erik

LiquidIce629

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

@ eriktar

I created a firefox extension that allows you to right click on a audio/video link and send it to xbmc. It also puts a new menu in 'tools' which allows you to paste the url of any media file and it will play it on the tv. When I get a chance I'll finish up the options menu (to set your xbmc's ip address) and release it for you to try out.

@bconnolly

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some ideas on how to improve the interface, I like a lot of these ideas, and I will try to implement some of them in a future version.

about the bug..
When the developers gave xbmc 2 audio playlists and 2 video playlists. I think you were playing music in the Audio 'Now Playing' playlist and when you load my interface automatically puts you into the other playlist stopping your song. I need to set the current playlist so the drag and drop will work correctly, so i'm not sure if there is an easy way to fix it.

--

work continues on the xbmc ajax interface.

I have also added in the ability to control xbmc remotely using the takeScreenshot function and the some sendkey commands for controller buttons. Here is a sneak peek:
(IMG:http://static.flickr.com/55/127783500_bfeeedd7bd.jpg)
It's not full motion video by any means... it updates the screenshot whenever you click a button or click the screenshot. It's been very useful for me because it allows me to do anything in xbmc without being in front of the tv.

Another new feature allows you to save the current playlist and I made a quick onscreen keyboard to type in the name to save it as. (remember this is for my touchscreen)
(IMG:http://static.flickr.com/46/127783501_7b57ac54ae.jpg)

I would have released an update but there is still a major problem with the javacript that displays the items in the music library...

I've been stuck on the problem of 'unresponsive script' errors on directories that have 100's of songs in them. I have tried several ways of queueing the items so that it loads them in slowly, but it seems like i'm just overloading the browser with more than it can handle.

If there are any Javascript Gurus out there, I could really use some help on this one. Please take a peek at the getMediaLocation and getMediaLocationSuccess in the source code. If there is a better way to display lots of information in AJAX? This one has me spending lots of time debugging and not enough time improving the interface!

I will release beta 3 once the unresponsive script bug has been solved.

I'm glad others are getting some use out of this interface, your feedback is welcome here, keep checking this post for updates.

bconnolly

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »

Glad to see that you're still working on this! I like the progress you're making and the remote control feature is pretty snazzy.

I'm going to work on messing with the CSS to maybe clean up the interface a little.  Probably do that this weekend and hit you up on irc (you're Liquid_Ic on EFNet, right?).

Once again, thank you for doing this, it's very appreciated!

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

nice name

IPB Image

biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7