xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Fix With Lpc Modchip  (Read 29 times)

eNFUEGO

• Archived User
Tsop Fix With Lpc Modchip
« on: March 01, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

xBox ver 1.0 // MF29F080A in FRAG state after flashing with 256k bin.
oops, wrong "007raincoat" memory card :angry:

I have the following available to use:
X2 2.3B Lite+
LPT X2 Programmer

ANY needed bios image
Evox Install CD with working BINS
Years of modding research and experience

I have resurected two other bad flashed TSOPs with the hombrew 29-wire method. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the EPROM for a few weeks. So, I've been doing some reading on how to use my LPT mod to flash the TSOP and found varied accounts.  However, all indications seem to point that it's possible on a 1.0 box.

Obviously, http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=177587 isn't applicable since box FRAGs when chip is disabled.

I am attempting to use this method:
Programming the Onboard TSOP using a X2PRO or X2LITE.
This can be done and has been done on 1.0 boxes.

1) Connect TSOP Write lines (See matrix instructions)
2) Ground A15 (T1 on the matrix instructions)
3) Program X2Pro with EvoxMatrixTSOP bios
4) Turn power on and after 1/2 second turn DIP switch 4 off
5) Wait for EvolutionX to come up
6) Remove A15 Ground
7) Use EvolutionX to Flash a 1 meg bios to TSOP

Make sure your Evox xbe is named and placed somewhere that the EvoxMatrixTSOP bios can find it. I used a CD-RW with Slayer's 2.0 disk and Flashed 4974 onto the TSOP.

I would like some things re-looked...

Step 2 "Grounding the A15" - I have seen posts on soldering this point, using small amounts of hot glue, or even taping this point.
I am going to use a single-thread wire, slightly cut at the wire tip to fit into the A15 point on board and then a small piece of tape.

Step 3 "Program X2" - I have the 256k EvoxMatrixTSOP bin, the X2 Programmer, the most recent X2 BIOS Manager.
Since, the 2.3B Lite+ has 1MB of flash rom (2 banks) it would be ideal to use 2/512k bioses.  However, when I attempted to create a 512k with XBTool 1.0.19b2 it doesn't support the EvoxMatrixTSOP bios.  So, I used a "make1mb.bat" and flashed the modchip with an EvoxMatrixTSOP_1MB.bin.
With the mod enabled the eject-led steadily blinks green four times, then a repeated cycle green,orange,and red approximately 15 seconds then restarts the process again.  One thread i came across stated that "with switch 4 on - you should ONLY see green/orange." Definately no video as expected.  I attempted to DISABLE the mod 1 second after powering on the chip multiple times with no sucess.
Does there have to be a WORKING bios (512K) AND the EvoxMatrixTSOP (512k)for this to work?

Step 4 "DIP Switch 4"
What is the 2.3B Lite+ equivalent?  
Do you disable the entire mod or do you switch to another bank?
What led combinations occur if you correctly "switch" / when you "miss"?

Step 5-7 "Evox - Reflash"
One box is the M29F080A chip...so can i use raincoat.7?

Have I gotten way ahead of myself?
Should I try to ground the specific points to try and limit the TSOP to a portion of it?  I thought that was only the 1.1 boxes that you can do that.  

I'm tired...a good 8 hour session and only more questions to go unanswered.

This post has been edited by eNFUEGO: Mar 2 2004, 02:38 AM <

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

step 2: will work; i use hot glue holding the wire, no solder on A15

step 3: EvoxMatrixTSOP or tsop_d6 should blink only green and orange when booting unsucessfully.

step4: i think dip switch 4 is D0.  that is what you must disconnect 1/2 second after boot on an X2.

highway   <

pontfirebird73

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

have you tried booting your xbox with the individual banks of the tsop? try grounding a18 and a19 and see if the xbox boots up.  <