xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?  (Read 1584 times)

JayDee

• Archived User
Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

You took the time to register a account and post a question instead of checking the first link in the pinned topics? Link to it is in my sig....

Axl_Mas

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

XBMC updated every week,i need xbmc for pc-dvd compatibility!!!
Behind xbmc there is a very great job, many thanks to all developers!

rotto420

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  

Most modders use the xbox not just for gaming, but for movies, music, pictures, online gaming, and anything else a multimedia PC would normally do.  It has faster FTP transfer speeds than Avalaunch, can play any video & audio format, plays streaming video/audio from a number of script-based websites, and integrated Xlink Kai interface.

The only cons I can think of with XBMC are:

*Updates released almost weekly... with some having minor bugs (which cause lockup).  If XBMC is set as your default dash and you upgrade to a buggy XBMC build, you would have to pull out the boot-disc to fix it.  However, most recent builds of XBMC have been very stable, so the chance of this happening is small.

*Difficult to customize skin layout... specifically changing the "buttons" on the XBMC PMIII skin.  Many .xml files must be changed to get custom buttons to work correctly.  If you have widescreen, you double the number of changes.

*Folder-style menu is too basic... doesn't compliment the look of some of the newer skins.  Having icons to view is nice though... very similar to WinMCE.  

I think it comes down to experience as to which dashboard you use.  If yer a noob... stick with Evox (just don't get made when people make fun of you).  With a little experience, you'll move to either Avalaunch or UnleashX.  If you're a gamer... you'll stick with those for ease of use.  If you're a multimedia enthusiast or like to entertain guests, you'll love XBOX MEDIA CENTER.   beerchug.gif

Cheers.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

Use it on my X3 Xbox will put it on my Xenium box when I get round to it.

Sheytan

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »

I'm using XBMC as main dashboard and evox and avalaunch as second.

CatDad

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

Same setup!

DjSnake86

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

I set XBMC as Dash this evening!
W000000tT!
It's great.

anima322

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »

Main Dash: Unleash X (but i want to have UIX, however it doesn´t work yet cause of a graphic problem (look into uix bug subforum^^)

XBMC is an app ;)

pookiepoo

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

cool.gif

beerchug.gif

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

psyddicus

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2005, 02:14:00 AM »

As much as I enjoy XBMC, it's an app for me.  Unleash X is where my loyalties in a dashboard reside.

darkplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

Avalaumch is my true love, gives you the option to update various applications thru your xbox, xbmc is my nasty mistress :D just so, well, stacked.

I tried unleash and other dashboards but just didn't like the whole look, they look to generic.

This post has been edited by darkplayer: Oct 7 2005, 07:35 AM

MillaZilla

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(darkplayer @ Oct 7 2005, 08:04 AM)
Avalaumch is my true love, gives you the option to update various applications thru your xbox, xbmc is my nasty mistress :D just so, well, stacked.

I tried unleash and other dashboards but just didn't like the whole look, they look to generic.

Avaluanch is one of the most generic looking dashes out there because you can only change the background pictures an font.  At least with UnleashX and XBMC you can move the text around and make it look completely different from skin to skin.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

wink.gif). The navigation of everything is so smooth and fluid. Fast in-dash updates, shortcuts with the IR remote or controller... the list goes on. Great work UnleashX, Jezz X, and everyone else that helped make UX what it is today: the best dash ever! beerchug.gif

I'm not putting XBMC down because it's an awesome app. It just hasn't reached "dash level" for me. It's too much of a chore to launch simple things. I've tested it out along with other dashes for several weeks, but I've always come back to UX. In my first year of having a modded Xbox, I suffered with Evox. I found no reason to keep using it. The only benefit of Evox is the trainers. I never used them, so I never missed them.

If I were to choose a second favorite dash, I'd choose Avalaunch. It's not very attractive, but it's put together very intelligently. Evox would, surprisingly, be next. XBMC would be at the bottom of the list.

I agree with what someone said earlier: this poll, or a similar one, should be placed in all the dash forums. This is like taking a survey asking anyone who frequents McDonald's which sandwich they prefer: the Big Mac or the Whopper. This poll is too biased.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »

tongue.gif Awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19