xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?  (Read 1587 times)

drprince89

• Archived User
Who Uses Xbmc As Their Main Dashboad?
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »

im using xbmc as my main, how can i do what you guys are talking about to select my dash as i boot the xbox?

Zarrinnis

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »

I use XBMC because it owns

rartemass

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

I use XBMC as I was using it for an app and it made sense to change it to default dash.  That also allowed me to move some files to the C drive to free up space on E for more music.

BuddyLeeX

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

ya, isnt this kind of a biased place to be holding a pole like this?

Ive got UnleashX on my main xbox, and XBMC on my media xbox. You should repost in all other dashboard forums also

TrueWarlord

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

I checked out UnleashX and it's not a bad dash so, I added it to my stable.  

I still like XBMC better since it incorporates Filezilla FTP server, SMB shares, and  a http remote control.  Its pretty sweet to be able to share files with or stream videos from  my friends XBMC in Wisconsin.  Once the DVD menus are supported I'll be that much happier; but I don't use them anyway.

Millions Knives

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »

I like UnleashX because you can auto update (saves time without having to use Xbins), download gamesaves and download skins (saves time without having to go to the site and then ftp the files in after downloading) through the dashboard.  The ablility to have preview videos  playing when you select a game in the launcher is something I've always liked as well.  The game save manager is also a convenient thing to have instead of having to boot the msdash to use that one.

The only thing that really gets me with XBMC is the SMB sharing and how convenient it is.  I'd use the Xlink Kai feature, but my computer is right next to my Xbox and I find it much easier to use the PC engine to find games.  Other than the fact that it plays movies and music and all that, I can't see really using it as MY dashboard as it doesn't suit me as well as someone else.  I find using the Gamepad shortcut feature in UnleashX to hold down a button on bootup to run XBMC is better for me since the only thing I use Media Center for is streaming music and movies from my PC.

I say this now without having atleast tried  XBMC as my dashboard. I know that there are also scripts for things like downloading game saves and other things like that and eventually I will try it and see how it suits me.  Either way XBMC is still a great application and once menus are supported in its DVD player I'll have another reason to switch.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

Man, it's too bad you can't vote twice.

I voted for evox, but after reading and considering it I made the switch to XBMC.  I am very pleased with it.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »

I just made mine the main dash yesterday and i am really glad i did.  I can do pretty much anything as in any other dash that i'd like to:  play games, connect to xlink, watch movies, download, blah blah blah....
plus you can change the led to cycle which is pimp

MakeGalzSayDamn

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

uhh.gif

Cathesdus

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »

wink.gif.

lowsodium

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrFish @ Aug 8 2005, 04:50 PM)
Qwix is a game manager for windows. It's proprietary. Speed boost is a non-standard FTP extension built into Avalaunch. In theory it could work with any dashboard, but Qwix detects it by checking to see if the dashboard is Avalaunch and won't use it otherwise. There are other features of Qwix that disable when you're not using Avalaunch, for instance the installed game list.

drleephd

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

I still use evox as my main dash then xbmc for media.

I've tried to have xbmc as my main dash but I don't like how the 'my programs' is layed out. I could probably config it enough to where I'd like it but ideally I'd want to have 'my apps', 'my emulators' and 'my games' instead of just 'my programs'

also I never figured out how to auto add default.xbe files from any folder/subfolder and have them show up in xbmc.  I also don't like having icons for each game, it's just not pretty.

maybe i'm just old-school but for now i'm sticking with evox.
(I haven't even changed my evox skin for a year or more. I have everything just the way I like it for bootup, but i'm always installing the latest xbmc releases, so many new features all the time.)

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »

Entering your Games/Apps bookmarks only takes "long" the first time when the folders are scanned and put into the *.db file.

Brouhaha

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Fits my urban lifestyle perfectly. Whenever I throw a Wine & Cheese, people ALWAYS go nuts over it's jukebox and viz abilities biggrin.gif Heck, it's even made some friends that are absolutly uninterested in gaming buy an Xbox rather than a PC media center...

AxeZ

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

Hi..

I want to have XBMC as my main dashborad.. ??
But it donĀ“t work.. is there a manual somewere that i can user??

Please, help me..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19