xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hoping Someone Here Can Help.  (Read 43 times)

Madchild

• Archived User
Hoping Someone Here Can Help.
« on: February 17, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »

I have an Xbox Version 1.1 and it was softmodded using bigfonts. i got sick of the clock loop so unlocked the TSOP thru soldering. I asked on the forums for what bios to use but noone responded so i did some reading and thought i found what i needed. I flashed the bios thru Evox using EvoX V3.6_EjectFix - V1.1.bin. The flash was succesful and the machine said it would now reboot. after reboot all i got was 2 quick green flashes then flashing red/green. thats all the machine will do now. So my questions.

1. is there anyway to fix this thru software? (probably not)
2. i have a dead xbox 1.1 motherboard from a friend. can i rip the TSOP off of it and stick it onto my box?
3. what modchip would cure this? the cheaper the better.

Please gimme some input ppl, i would greatly appreciate it :/  <

Madchild

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

BTW i could care less about Xbox live or actually fixing the TSOP. i just want the thing to boot again.  <

Madchild

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »

how bout some info in this Multi bank thing? From my reading all i can conclude is, the xbox bios is 256k, the full xbox bios is 1024 (256x4). The .bin i used to flash was only 256k.......... is there still an original xbox bios sitting in there somewhere?!?!!?!?  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

A-HA thats your problem, you used a 256k bios on a 1024k chip and thus it frags!... there is an easy fix in the pinned topic. It deals with soldering wires to ground A19 and A18 and then cutting these wires once the xbox is booted and then reflashing the tsop this time with a 1024k (1MB) bios.

A@ron  <

Madchild

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

o-man, your my fuckin hero. i just found that tutorial and im gonna try it out right now. can anyone lead me in the direction of the PROPER bios i should use to flash this beast if i get this going again?

Dude. Thanks  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

once booted do all the things the tut says and go into raincoat through telnet... when in the directory with raincoat and the bios (256k) you want to flash use this commandf (with your file names of course)
cat 256_bios.bin 256_bios.bin 256_bios.bin 256_bios.bin > 1024_bios.bin

then flash the 1024_bios.bin using:
./raincoat -p 1024_bios.bin

that should about do it. I dont know why people dont spread knowledge about the linux/unix commands for resizing/splitting/joining files!

A@ron  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »

oh and I use 4979.06 and have never had any problems... works on newer boxes too.  <

Madchild

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

but i need a modded bios that will load up evox on boot. i dont have a modchip. im just trying to get rid of the clock loop with out the audio exploit  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

yeah 4979.06 does that without a problem, infact most/all newer bioses (since 4977-my first bios I used) has done that.

A@ron  <

Madchild

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

can you tell if the bios i used should work at all in this situation? i followed the tut and had the same frag :/ takin the box apart again and going to re-check all the connections  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

maybe try a SPDT switch like on the multibios tsop tutorial. If you flashed a 256k bios to the tsop one position on the switch should still boot.

A@ron  <