xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: ---> Project Mayhem Iii Skin Mod <---  (Read 318 times)

xboxbox451

• Archived User
---> Project Mayhem Iii Skin Mod <---
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(kof33 @ Dec 1 2005, 09:21 PM) View Post

1. Ive gotten the temp and stuff to work.. but it looks tiny and ugly. For some reason i dont get the nifty cloud and sun icons and the text is a little small. Perhaps I screwed up the code .

I'm not sure why thats happening. Are you updated to the latest XBMC build? Are you using Project Mayhem III as your skin? Is your XBOX connected to the internet?

As for the text, which home.xml file are you using? If your referring to the temperature, thats only slightly larger than the date and time text.

QUOTE(kof33 @ Dec 1 2005, 09:21 PM) View Post

2. RSS feeds -
I could have sworn there was a topic on it but I cant find it.  It is possible to have an RSS feed for each button right ?
For example  xbox scene for home..... I click my videos and itll have movie news ...music an mtv feed....programs cnet feed ...

Not quite sure of your question. You can research the XBMC manual to see if it has anything relating to your question -->
XBMC Online Manual Link

EDIT: I realized what you want to do. If you want an RSS feed to display for, lets say, My Videos, then go to your skins PAL folder, open the "MyVideos.xml" file and add an rss control to the bottom of the file but above the last two tags.

You can use an rss control like the one I list below, but you'll need to adjust the POS X,Y, width, and URLset settings to match your configuration.

<control>
<description>rss feed</description>
<type>rss</type>
<id>1000</id>
<posX>0</posX>
<posY>470</posY>
<width>720</width>
<font>font13</font>
<urlset>1</urlset>
<titlecolor>ffD2FF00</titlecolor>
<headlinecolor>DDced8da</headlinecolor>
<textcolor>ffD2FF00</textcolor>
<visible>!Player.HasVideo</visible>
</control>

12.1.05 TUTORIAL UPDATED - SEE FIRST POST

blackdir

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2005, 02:17:00 AM »

Wow, this modification is exactly what I would have asked: Great work guys!

Did anyone proposed to include the new "Multiple RSS feeds - Home Page Weather" in next release of XBMC CVS?

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2005, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(kof33 @ Dec 2 2005, 12:12 AM) View Post

The first question. Yes im using the latest pm3 skin and the second to last XBMC build (NOV 1st t3ch i think))
Everything works fine , the temp appears time is accurate rss feeds etc... but The damn cloud and sun never show up. When I look at other peoples skins I notice how large the text is. Mine just seems smaller.

If your experiencing problems with a new build, it's always good to delete your 0face008. To do this follow these instructions --> Prior to deleting your 0face008 folder, look over your network settings and write them down. Deleting 0face008 should clear those saved settings thereby you will have to re-enter your network settings again. FTP to your E:\ partition on your xbox. Look for the TDATA and UDATA folders. Within each of those folders resides a file named "0face008". Delete the 0face008 file from the TDATA and UDATA folder. DELETE THE 0face008 FILE ONLY! Reboot. Check your network settings to ensure you are connected to the internet. It's not necessary, but if you have a boot disc, delete the 0face008 files while booted from a boot disc.

I tested these home.xml files with a personally compiled build and the latest Nov 27th, T3CH build, and they were working fine on my end, but that doesnt mean they'll work flawlessly for everyone. Report back if your still having problems.

QUOTE(blackdir @ Dec 2 2005, 04:24 AM) View Post

Did anyone proposed to include the new "Multiple RSS feeds - Home Page Weather" in next release of XBMC CVS?

XBMC is highly customizable, and the xbmc team would probably rather leave features like weather and multi-rss up to the individual. Most people wouldn't want weather on home and multi-rss, but it's there if you do want it.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »

BUTTON ALIGNMENT FIX FOR MULTI-RSS HOME.XML

Upon trying Kai, I noticed I didn't quite align the Kai and DVD buttons for the Multi-RSS customized home.xml file.

As of this post, I re-upped the download pack for the customized home.xml files and the new pack has the correct alignment for the DVD and kai buttons.

If your using the Multi-RSS customized home.xml, and downloaded prior to this post, re-download from the same link to get the adjusted file.

The mis-aligned buttons were on the multi-rss home.xml file only. Any other problems please post.

MoGle4

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2006, 05:15:00 AM »

i cannot get any of these to work on my widescreen tv - my old 4:3 tv worked great - but when i try to use these, it all gets messed up

any ideas?

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2006, 05:26:00 AM »

[quote name='MoGle4' post='3358316' date='Apr 15 2006, 07:22 AM']

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(madhopper @ Apr 15 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

sorry maybe this is a bit out of topic here.
I have a problem with the link from my xbox to my PC,I can use the ftp to control my xbox but my xbox could not login to my PC its need username n password,but i didnt set any of it.
My friend telling me to format my PC will solved this problem,but its lazy to do formating on my PC,is there any other way to done with this?
Best regards,
madhopper.
Thanks for the help.

Yes, a bit off topic for this thread. Though I seriously doubt re-formatting your hard drive will resolve the problem.

Check and make sure your firewalls are not blocking your xbox IP. Also check and make sure your network is properly configured, your PC folders are properly shared, and your bookmarks in the xboxmediacenter.xml file are properly configured.

Other than that, I have no more suggestions. Also check the xbmc manual for more information on configuring your PC for smb shares --> xbmc manual link for smb shares

For all others reading this thread, be advised this thread needs updating to comply with the new skin engine updates. I will post back in this thread notifying when the thread has been updated.

reds2k1

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2006, 03:14:00 AM »

xboxbox451, have you been able to update the tutorial to reflect the new skin engine?

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2006, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(reds2k1 @ Jul 4 2006, 05:21 AM) View Post

xboxbox451, have you been able to update the tutorial to reflect the new skin engine?

Actually I think this tut is a ship that's run a ground. With the latest improvements made to XBMC, this tut is really no longer needed, for two reasons.

1. At the time the tut was made, XBMC was not capable of streaming back to back multiple RSS feeds, so if you wanted multiple feeds you needed to add additional controls to display your streams. Now, XBMC is capable of streaming multiple feeds back to back, and the XBMC manual explains how to accomplish that. Here's the link --> XBMC Manual RSS link.  The manual is a little outdated since it states to change the feed in the XboxMediaCenter.xml, which the feed is now found in the XBMC "UserData" folder and the xml file to edit is named "RssFeeds.xml".

2. A year ago, Home page weather was a rather sought after customization, and this tut offered that via a downloadable .xml file. However, Chokemaniac added a really nice feature to the latest build of his skin, where by just moving to the Weather button on the home page will display the weather on the home page. Also by moving to the Files or Settings button will display additional information. So adding home page weather is now rather redundant.

So, all in all, I think this tut is no longer needed, and I'll ask JayDee to remove it from the pins, and maybe even bin it, in case others stumble upon it, which just might cause confusion.

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2006, 05:18:00 AM »

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2006, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Jul 4 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post

2. A year ago, Home page weather was a rather sought after customization, and this tut offered that via a downloadable .xml file. However, Chokemaniac added a really nice feature to the latest build of his skin, where by just moving to the Weather button on the home page will display the weather on the home page. Also by moving to the Files or Settings button will display additional information. So adding home page weather is now rather redundant.

[cough]2006-06-25 added:   various infos to the homescreen - can be hidden in skin settings (Special Thanks to Jezz_X for the idea and for help with the code)[/cough]

I like to make myself feel important:)  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]