xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Flash Successful And Without A Hitch  (Read 37 times)

xannax

• Archived User
Tsop Flash Successful And Without A Hitch
« on: February 09, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

Well I just Finished Modding my Box with the 007 bert and Ernie Hack and TSOP
flash with 4981 X2 BIOS and all went well.

I have had the box Soft modded for over a month now and just now got the nerve to flash the TSOP. I had looked at every hardware store and automotive store for some conductive paint or a defroster repair kit to link to two points and had no luck. So I gave up and just went a grabbed a Soldering Iron and some soder and set up shop. OPened up the xbox and OMG I couldn't beleive how many freakin Bugs have been living in my box. Had to spray them all out with some canned air.
Then I removed the hard drive and sat it on the table. Reached over to move my Iron and freakin touched the metel and burnt the shit outa myself and I jerked my hand back and knocked the freakin HDD off the table and onto the floor! Yikes.
Ok So I had to take a breather. Came back and found the spot on the top of the board and taped all around it leaving just the spot thats needs linked. Got me a bit of solder (first time soldering) and started attempting to link the two spots (which is like trying to tie a string to a ants neck) I got lucky on the first one and got it pretty quick. Then I flipped over the board and taped off the second spot. Got me a bit of solder and tried to link the two points and it just wouldn't take for nothin. Tried again and again and burt the shit out of the electrical tape and solder sparked off into a non taped part of the MB. I cleaned that off real fast (This whole time thinking between the HD dropping and the possible chance of solder screwing up the board I would prolly not get to play an Xbox again for a while) Eventually it just linked. Phew...Time for another breather....Not too much time because if it took me more than 4 hours I would get stuck in a clock loop. Well The I put the thing back together and plugged it back in ready for udder disapointment and to my releif the think accually started up. Went to EVOX and then I went to my FLASH BIOS command and selected the 4981.06 1MB Bios that I made with xbtool and clicked it.
And OMG it accually toled me to hit Y to Flash Bios Instead of FLASH NOT WRITABLE. I pushed Y and it start erasing my bios and then Installed the X2 Bios and then turned off my Xbox. Then I thought well this will be the screwup...I bet the BIOS was done wrong somehow or isn't gonna work. But nope XECUTER2 was at the bottom of the load up screen and it went straight to EVOX Dashboard. OMG I accually did it!!

Well with the Help of all you people here and the awsome tutorials and with my DUMB luck Its finnally done. Thanks.

Ok....Lets Install this 120 Gig HD.

Xannax Overdose

<

Dreamcazman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

It's good to hear when people have success in flashing their TSOP.

Happy modding for the future   :beer:   <

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

Great News, nice to hear these TSOP Success stories, if you will, everyone once and awhile....

On a side note. If you have bugs livin in your box :o , you should think about bombin your house with a bug defogger bomb, to clear up that little problem ;)

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Feb 10 2004, 04:41 AM <

xannax

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 02:09:00 AM »

haha I know! Isn't that gross :)  <