xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Feature Request Thread...  (Read 714 times)

mkjones

• Archived User
The Feature Request Thread...
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2004, 02:53:00 AM »

sad.gif

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2004, 03:19:00 AM »

An initial feature like this is on it's way (ability to have buttons on home page go to videos and then to a specific folder).

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »

So, its not really a My TV section you want, but a MyDownloadedTorrentsOfTVShowsAroundTheWorld section? Basically, use the XBox to dload your torrents?  Blah, why reinvent the wheel, theres already a torrent script out there, I think the main reason its not in wide spread use is that you cant have alot of torrents dloading at the same time.  Plus, not only would you have to work this into XBMC, itd need to be tied into whatever backend a user is using (MyHTPC, MythTV, Tivo, Replay, Freevo, MS MCE, etc.) if you wanted to only use the xbox as a frontend of dloading the torrents, and then to add each episodes metadata to the backends database for inlcusion in that software as well, for if your going to make it available to XBMC, then people will want you to make it available to thier PVR software of choice.  Your dloaded videos are still that, videos.  If you want to change one of them to MyTV instead and have it link to your TV episodes samba share only, then you can do that already.

And you can have a My Games tab as well.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

That would be an awesome feature " a games button "

How come no ones pursued it to completion ?

I have been trying! Belive me. But I guess I didnt get the support I thougt I would in order to make a more official request sad.gif

So, its not really a My TV section you want, but a MyDownloadedTorrentsOfTVShowsAroundTheWorld section? Basically, use the XBox to dload your torrents? Blah, why reinvent the wheel, theres already a torrent script out there,

If anyone knows where this script is (yeh I been looking?) then would you like to post a link smile.gif

Sadly, I have to agree that the MyTV button isnt really worthy of being a "home" button however I will ALWAYS say a MyGames tab is  jester.gif

Like you say, in the end they just come down as video files. Hence MyVideos.

Like I said in one of my last threads "games are not programs"  biggrin.gif

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Dec 14 2004, 01:19 PM)
So, its not really a My TV section you want, but a MyDownloadedTorrentsOfTVShowsAroundTheWorld section? Basically, use the XBox to dload your torrents?  Blah, why reinvent the wheel, theres already a torrent script out there, I think the main reason its not in wide spread use is that you cant have alot of torrents dloading at the same time.  Plus, not only would you have to work this into XBMC, itd need to be tied into whatever backend a user is using (MyHTPC, MythTV, Tivo, Replay, Freevo, MS MCE, etc.) if you wanted to only use the xbox as a frontend of dloading the torrents, and then to add each episodes metadata to the backends database for inlcusion in that software as well, for if your going to make it available to XBMC, then people will want you to make it available to thier PVR software of choice.  Your dloaded videos are still that, videos.  If you want to change one of them to MyTV instead and have it link to your TV episodes samba share only, then you can do that already.

And you can have a My Games tab as well.

??? Why are you guys thinking i want to download torrents with the xbox. No. I was mereley introducing those who haven't yet used azureus + rss to broadcatching. I dont want to download anything with the xbox. I just think its time that we seperate our movies from our tv. It would only spawn new features specific to each.

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

So, then what do you want exactly? Just a button fo videos that are from the TV?  What about movies that are on TV, are they TV shows or Videos?

mkjones:All (XBox) games are programs, but not all programs are games.  Just like how all rectangles are boxes but not all boxes are rectangles (or is it the other way around..). You can change the My Programs to My Games already, so why do people still ask about it?

th3gh05t

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Hi,

I am curious why no one has thought of this before.

Why can't we have when you click on 'My Videos' or 'My Games', it goes to a certain folder on your hard drive?

That way, we don't have to navigate to a folder everytime we want to watch or play something...

If this is already possible, please tell me how to do this.

Thanks, th3gh05t

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

<default> tag.

TS

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

What about movies that are on TV, are they TV shows or Videos?

this is silly. Obviously this would be up to the user on where to organize this.

MrAndersn

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

Yeah, like you say, this is silly, its up to the use to decide how to organize all thier media.  You can do that now. You can change a button to say My TV, and it will link to your tv shares.  I personally have it set up totally different than you, each epsiode goes into the folder for that show, each season has its own folder in the main folder...so when I want to watch TV, go to my video samba share, go to my TV show shares, find the show I want, then the season, then the epsiode.  I personally wouldnt want a now playing section, it would be cluttered. Deleting, editing, moving, copying, etc is essentially file management, hence the best place for it is My Files.  Now I wouldnt mind it if each section, videos, music, pics, etc, had the ability to edit samba shares instead of having to go my files would be nice, but dont want it limited to just a My TV section.

I guess my main question is, you say a MyTV section would make way for new TV centric features, what kinda features do you want/forsee/envisage? Any features that would be worth its salt would be integrated into a PVR, i.e. can control the Tivo, MythTV box, ReplayTV, etc. so not only would the devs of XBMC need to get it to work with one platform, but now theres numerous more platforms that will need developement and updating whenever any of those devices change format (I know personally on MythTV, whenever theres a myth database protocol change, any UI on  XBMC needs to be updated as well, how many others do? Im not sure).

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Dec 14 2004, 08:50 PM)
mkjones:All (XBox) games are programs, but not all programs are games.  Just like how all rectangles are boxes but not all boxes are rectangles (or is it the other way around..). You can change the My Programs to My Games already, so why do people still ask about it?

Yes, but where would you put your programs if you called it "MyGames?"  biggrin.gif

I know to some people its nothing, a stupid requst, but I had to ask you never know wink.gif

Like the man says with the videos you could organize them in a different way etc.. sorry I dont wanna go on again  rolleyes.gif

Im happy the way I have it right now, but seperating games from apps would be nice thats all  beerchug.gif

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

- <homebuttons>
- <button>
  <description>My Programs</description>
  <label>0</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(1)</execute>
  <icon>102</icon>
  </button>
- <button>
  <description>My Files</description>
  <label>7</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(3)</execute>
  <icon>106</icon>
  </button>
- <button>
  <description>My Pictures</description>
  <label>1</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(2)</execute>
  <icon>104</icon>
  </button>
- <button>
  <description>My Music</description>
  <label>2</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(501)</execute>
  <icon>103</icon>
  </button>
- <button>
  <description>My Videos</description>
  <label>3</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(6)</execute>
  <icon>105</icon>
  </button>
- <button>
  <description>Weather</description>
  <label>8</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(2600)</execute>
  <icon>107</icon>
  </button>
- <button>
  <description>Settings</description>
  <label>5</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(4)</execute>
  <icon>109</icon>
  </button>
  <default>0</default>
  </homebuttons>

now if we change both :
- <button>
  <description>My Programs</description>
  <label>0</label>
  <execute>XBMC.ActivateWindow(1)</execute>
  <icon>102</icon>
  </button>

in xboxmediacenter.xml and home.xml what will happen? I will try later.. huh.gif

kingroach

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

well.. thats not what everyone was talking about.. this can be done with editing .xml

seven5

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

sure, i have mine organized well like that. But there comes a problem if you want your shows listed, and your movies thumbnailed. You can't keep different view settings. This is but one issue, I still dont think you understand that it would spurn new features by spinning off a new section.

Also, you have to click like 5 times to get to a show to go through all that niceley organized directory structure.

I have a feeling that after 1.2 final, one concentrated on area will be the displaying of videos and music. we are basicially looking at file system display results, something invented in 1985. Listing and thumbs. Its 2004, its time to innovate in how we show stuff. I'd even settle for some updates to what we have now. Listing should have larger thumbs, and shouldn't show filesize, thats a bit silly, who needs it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9