xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: The Feature Request Thread...  (Read 699 times)

mc_365

• Archived User
The Feature Request Thread...
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

I ask becuase there have been times in the past when the kai interface in xbmc did not work for long periods, as I beleive it is not a team xbmc priority.

And I don't understand your answer, being that Python allows you to make modular programs that can be used in xbmc or not. KMLbrowser.py for instance.

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »

thanks for the heads up about speedx and kai chat ... i'll have to try it out.

I wonder if a python program could turn on the mic with volume control so it could be heard from speakers ...  so it wouldn't necessary be for karaoke ... but also could be used  for voice recording or to turn the xbox into PA system  ...  multiple uses .

I would definately use the VOICE recording feature for personal use ... since most of my voice recordings have been done on PC the last couple of years.

it's a thought.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »

you do not see any differance between python and c++?!

kanye

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

hi,

could u please add the ability to hide dirs?

ability to run a screensaver with own pictures when hitting a botton while listening to mp3s?

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »

wink.gif ) just use two xboxmediacenter.xml´s

One with the dirs added and one with the dirs removed.

Just switch between them as you please smile.gif (not what you asked for, but still a solution)

And for "screensaver" you just start the music and then a normal slideshow.

No automagicly screensaver/slidshow yet.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »

I´ll try to have a chat with runtime and see if he have a eta on the features. (as i think it is he you refer to)

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

these are pretty simple, and i think can be implimented very easily.

1.  It would be nice to have the left joystick be able to navigate, similar to how the directional pad does, this would be a nice feature.  I bet people will ask, uh why would you want both when the directional pad works fine?  My answer is that it would just be a nice extra feaure.  Even if there was an option to be able to switch bewteen which one you would perfer to use.  

2.  It would be cool if you could add a feature similar to imdb but for the games or apps.  Like what i mean is on the game in question, press the white (or whatever) and have it automatically download the appropriate thumbnail from allxboxskins.com or whereever.  this would be a very neat feature.  I know that many games have internal thumbnails already, but the ones from xboxskins.com (the dvd cover ones) are nicer.

3.  It would be cool if XBMC could read the internal name of the .xbe and make shortcuts accordingly, similar to how evox or any of the other dashes work.  

4.  This feauture probably sn't possible, but i figured i'd metion it anyway.  If you could develope a way to play media off of other xbox's on the network, and not just from the computer.  or at least do xbox to xbox ftping.

I love XBMC, you guys are great.  Keep up the good work.  Basically this is the one and only program I use for everything.  Dash, Media center, Kia, everyting.

h8raid

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

Alright, I already know what the first response is going to be, "This is a MEDIA CENTER, not an application!"  I just can't help but think this would be too cool to leave out.  I had the thought last night when I installed the Yac script for caller ID.  It's a pretty cool little addition, but needs more features to really be useful.  How many times do you sit down to watch a movie and the telephone rings?  Wouldn't it be nice to know who's calling just by continuing to watch your movie?  All you would have to do is press a button and mute the call, or press a button and let a prerecorded message on XBMC take the call for you.  These are just some of the ideas I have for this support.

If telephony support were to be added, it should be able to utilize either IP phones or standard telephone lines.  It should be able to send and recieve calls through an efficient menu system.  We should definately have caller ID support and three-way calling.  A voicemail box should also be included with the option to set how many rings before it will answer.  Along with this, there should be an easily accessible option to answer immediately when you are watching a movie so there are no interruptions.  There should be another option to allow only caller ID information to display and not allow the telephone to ring. (I don't know if that one is possible, but it would be nice.)  We should also have speakerphone where the sound would just come from the television instead of through our Live! Communicator.  We should definately have a speed dial list as well as an address book.  Mainly, I feel this would be a great addition because of the amount of useful features that could be implemented, and the possibilities are here to take this to a new level.

I have also recently seen a post about webcams, mainly the Eyetoy sold by M$.  This does seem like a good idea to me as well.  We should have the drivers for this device because it could be implemented into telephony support as well.  Video chat anyone?  This is just the beginning, I see this device eventually being pushed into the Kai section of XBMC.  There really are a lot of uses for a webcam, just use your imagination.  So what does everybody think of these ideas?  Good, bad, useful?  Feature ideas of your own?  How could we get this implemented?  Let's hear it!

h8raid

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

1. This feature would be a waste of time and not provide any functional use at all.
2. Not a bad idea, could be fun to play with, but more useful things could still be done.
3. Excellent idea, I would like to see this implemented as an option because some people like to browse their folders, simple shortcuts are nice for me though.
4. Yet another excellent idea, this would be extremely useful for those that do not have a centralized server set up.

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

Can already do #4 with Ava (xbox to xbox ftping).

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

thanks, for your opinions.  I just like using the thumbstick more than the directional pad. .  I know Avalaunh can do xbox to xbox ftping, but it would be nice if xbmc could also do it, We have to keep up with the jones's ya know.

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (cooljerk_dv @ Dec 9 2004, 03:58 PM)
I know Avalaunh can do xbox to xbox ftping, but it would be nice if xbmc could also do it, We have to keep up with the jones's ya know.

Its not a competition.  Its a media player, not a dash remember.  Used to play media on the XBox.

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

Why can't it be considered a dash.  I think its best use is as a do-it-all dash.  It has already surpassed the uses of a typical media player, only a few baby steps to go before it becomes the best dash ever.  I have used XBMC as my main dash, ever since its had the ability to be directly booted too, and will continue to use it as that.  I only think some these features/ideas will only further enhance its usability. It has the potential to become so much more than just a media player.

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

sounds neat, I don't know why everybody thinks that XBMC can't become more than just a media center.  It has the potential to become so much more.  Good idea, but probably hard to implement.

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »

i consider xbmc more of an operating system with all of the stuff it can do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9