xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video Freezing / Locking Up  (Read 200 times)

SigTom

• Archived User
Video Freezing / Locking Up
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

Hey you finally decided to do what you were told to do back 5 posts ago. Try reading the Know Bugs and Changelog next time people, this was all spelled out in there already.  Use yer heads for once.

Arcticcat

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Nov 18 2004, 10:14 PM)
Hey you finally decided to do what you were told to do back 5 posts ago. Try reading the Know Bugs and Changelog next time people, this was all spelled out in there already.  Use yer heads for once.

Actually , the confusion was where to make the settings change  [so the 5 post back was of no use]

Yes , i indeed spent a great deal of time reading through the known bugs. Had i found them , i ceratinly wouldn't of been requesting assistence.

Seriously , you've done this fine forum NO justice by attempting to attack this thread with your "oh so knowlegable" attitude. Very few will be impressed , sorry.

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

Hey, Im not getting into a pissing match with ya, people need to read the information thats already out there.....Where the heck ELSE can you make changes to XBMC besides the XML or the GUI?  Two places, so how hard is it to know where to change the fonts? The should be no confusion, look in the XML, nope nothing like the poster who gave the fix said..nothing like "Try turning off TTF fonts for .srt subtitles. Change it to one of the iso* files." So one down, ok not there, lets look in the GUI...and there it is. In My Videos, hey that make sense since SUBTITLES PLAY IN VIDEOS.  Like I said, people need to use thier heads more.

Arcticcat

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

OK , fix took care of the  10/05/04  build - [changing the font]

Now i've done an upgrade to 11/12/04 and back to the same problem.

I followed this procedure:delete the "Xbox Media Center" save under memory in the original Xbox™ dashboard and reboot, this will restore XBMC to it’s default settings which is needed each time changing the build version. Alternativly delete both “0face008” folders under E:\UDATA & E:\TDATA on your Xbox (including the system.bin file in one of these folders).  
I popped in my spare drive and did a complete format / re-installation with same results.

I then substituted from a sept build 2 folders - media and mplayer - and of course it all works now. So apparently the problems in one of those 2 folders cause the 11/12/04 build's working sweet now.

tgeorgo

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 06:33:00 AM »

Yes

the latest built solves the freezing problem and the support of greek is great.
I liked the new project II buuuuuut i found a problem, when i'll have time i'll post
Pages: 1 [2]