xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!  (Read 921 times)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »

smile.gif But any freetime I get, i'll be more then glad to make graphics for anyone

bartender_dmb, Yea I'll send ya that forest picture, did you want the actual forest backdrop? It is a different color (just so you know), I tweaked the color scheme of it to make it fit my design idea...but here is the thing, its on my old computer, so I'll have to bring out my ol pc and save it to a disk then put it on here...

hellboy, the TV Standard question...I really have no idea on that, I'm doing the graphic art on this, so all that is up to kotix and others who are helping out...I believe making it HD, Widescreen, 16:9 or whatever, is all XML right? So what you see right now, is probably what you get im figuring...correct me if im wrong kotix...

As far as editing this skin a bit more, I'll be doing it today when I have free time, So there will be an update with screenshots tonight...but nothing fancy, you'll basically see the icons without the logos, the same chrome keyboard design, and a new weather icon...

Thanks again for the support, It's amazing to see there is still new ppl replying to this, and that some ppl have been reading this since day1! We're getting near the completion of this! I'll update tonight!

-NineT9

kotix

• Archived User
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

The resolution part is not all an xml matter, let say that XBMC can make the conversion from PAL to NTSC and NTSC to PAL automatically, just 1 or 2 xml need to be adjusted.
The problem come when we want to make the widescreen version starting from the 4/3 (normal) resolution; 4/3 and widescreen have both the same resolution
(in PAL is 720x576) but widescreen have wider pixels so if you make a square image 100x100 it will not look square in 16/9, we need to make a skinner rectangle instead of a square that will look  square in widescreen.
Problems comes more if circles or squares are used for backgrounds.
If you wanna try it out copy and paste all the files of the PAL directory in the PAL16x9 dir and see what happen to your skin when it's in widescreen.
I hope my english can explain it enought.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2005, 01:58:00 AM »

This is has to be quick, here are the screenshots, NOTHING NEW, just did as requested, input apreciated...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

lmao@the master...hehe funny guy ;P

@kotix : i understand what your saying, ill try testing this out on my xbox to SEE what your saying, i just wasn't sure how that all worked with the differ res's and all...good to know now... i think im gonna buy some ebooks to put on my ipaq to learn about XML, so hopefully in a few months, I can make my own! i THINK im going to get ebooks, not positive yet, hehe...

well, gotta go to bed, work early in the morning, take care guys, lets here the input on this update, bad or good...

-NineT9

kotix

• Archived User
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

Hey nineT9, I don't think you need to buy an xml book to understand the xbmc skinning, I never learned xml or html at all and i beleive xml programming is alot of more complicated then waht we are using in XBMC.
In XBMC is just a matter of positions and sizes and the tags used are very selfexplainatory, the first thing to understand them is to look in the reference.xml:
in this file are listed all the controls that xbmc can use and the right way to use them.
Every control can then be used in all the other xml files and you can change all the parameters specified in the tags <..>.....</..>; if you don't change any parameter XBMC will use the ones specified in the reference.xml.
Most important in some controls are the <id> used in a certain windows, in the home for example the images with id from 102 to 109 are associated to the myprogs, mymusic, myvideos etc.. buttons.
In your skin i dind't change many things form the Project Mayhem skin, just some position and size.
If you need more explanations just let me know, we are here to contribute in some way to XBMC and more people learn skin it, better it will become.
Cheers.

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

ok the skin is perfect now put it on xbox-skins!!

Freddo14

• Archived User
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

If you look at all your other icons they show the playback device (headphones, xbox etc) so it makes sense that your video should show either a video icon or a dvd icon not a camera, and the pictures one should show a picture or a roll of film, something like that, this way it should be much clearer whats going on.

ps love the second keyboard from your new shots, the colors give it a really unified tidy feel.

siak

• Archived User
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

This looks awesome! Can't wait for this to be finished.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

i voted for skin #2... although skin1 is pretty good also.

BigMitch

• Archived User
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

biggrin.gif) and then a picture frame or something like that and then for weather a thunder storm and/or rain.

I'd be happy to help in any way, but I don't know what I can do. I guess I'll just keep watching and put in $0.02 once in a wile.

Oh and sorry for the spelling its late and I can't really see to type.

raggage

• Archived User
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »

Hey,

Any chance of an update on when this will be finished? I'm really looking forward to it...
This skin looks like its going to be awesome!

Ash

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »

wink.gif

Bartender, I'll go get that pic for u tonight on my other PC, expect a link in my next reply here...

bigmitch lol, thx for reply, I'm not sure if its possible to have both keyboards as an option? Thats a question for either kotix or anyone that knows the answer...?

as far as when this will be finished guys? Well this is my last update really, I'll be sending these new graphics to saldous's webpage, after that, its all up to those XML guys... I'm excited to see this on my box!

-NineT9

Freddo14

• Archived User
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »

I know its meant to be a camcorder but the fact is it isnt really clear, I think a widescreen tv or maybe a plasma screen would make more sense.

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

Whats the current status? I cant wait much longer!

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

deanrparry

• Archived User
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

sleeping.gif
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12