xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!  (Read 920 times)

phaelox

• Archived User
Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ Feb 7 2005, 07:36 AM)
<snip>

Striker2k2

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »

beerchug.gif
Cant wait till its finished

semteXKG

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »

release it release it release it *cry*

I just can't wait.

I think the keyboard is awesome and i really love the "colors". Don't make it too colorfull..

i like the 2nd iconset better... i hate too much text on a small TV screen :/

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

smile.gif

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

wink.gif

deanrparry : That would be awesome if you helped out, you should PM kotix to talk to him about all that xml stuff to see what you guys can do

Hades 666 : I can see how you might get purple from it, it does have a slight shade of purple, but oh well, no big deal like you said wink.gif

phaelox : WOW Man, thanks A LOT of your input, I'd have to agree with everything you said, I'll switch the sequence from left>right, to up>down, to avoid overlapping. The keyboard, I agree with you on the "cleaner" look, I did the keyboard in somewhat of a rush just to get it out there, so I'll work on this and get that fixed...I also would go with icon choice #2 too! I'll fix up that "xbmc files", thanks for the help again, great you replied and let me know about your thoughts

eerrrr: I'll change those shadows and make the border thinner, ill get a screenshot tonight

Striker2k2 : I'll rename it FILES and make it a tad larger, and take off the shadow around the characters too, thx

semteXKG : I can't wait either! Whenever I have time, I work on this! So Hopefully tonight will be the last update on graphics, thanks for your vote for the choice #2 on the icons, apreciate it

explicitylyrics : So far the format is what is in the screenshot (I'm not sure what the res. is on widescreen / hidef), but what you see is what you'll get, after the skin is complete, hopefully kotix and I can provide high resolutions, more colors for ppl, etc...

Well, thats it for now, I have to work on some things here at the house, afterwhich I will work on the skin, so I will defintly have a update with screenshots tonight

-NineT9

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2005, 02:47:00 AM »

Keyboard : Two looks, a chromish look, and a sharp look...You decide which one you prefer...

user posted image

user posted image

I see a majority wanted icon choice #2 (from my previous reply), so I just changed it a tad, what do you think of the it? Some were confused about telling the dfference between a camera and a camcorder, so I put into the DVD logo into the camcorder...as well as the Compact Disc Digital Audio logo for music...also made the MY FILES button picture a tad bigger, took away "XBMC Files" and just put "Files" and made the txt a little larger...

user posted image

Well let's hear your input, let me know what you like/dislike about it...

I'll work on the graphics again on wednesday if needed...until then, would apreciate some comments

-NineT9

eerrrr

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2005, 04:58:00 AM »

Ooh it's hard to say which is better!  The flat one seems to fit the skin better, but the chromish one looks kinda better as the keyboard should stand out a bit.
I think I'd choose the chrome one though.

Nice work!

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2005, 05:51:00 AM »

Dude chrome 1 is soooo much better I cant stop looking at it!

semteXKG

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

love.gif  love.gif. But I'd make a poll about this... or you make 2 skins with 2 diffrent icon sets...

Dr_digitaL

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

BigMitch

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

smile.gif

JohnnyTsunamiq

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2005, 01:37:00 AM »

Definitely chrome. Bump for excellent XBMC skin artist. =)

Just wondering, do you do requests? I don't mean completely new skins, but maybe slight modifications to the ones you've already done.

bartender_dmb

• Archived User
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »

@ninet9mustang

I was wondering if you could send me the pic for the forest backround.  That would be great.  I appreciate all the work you are putting into this skin, it looks awesome.

I vote for the chrome cause it stands out just a little bit more

phaelox

• Archived User
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

laugh.gif I would suggest scratching that one and creating a new one.. Personally I don't like "The Weather Channel" icon either and the graphic behind it isn't very clear as to the meaning of the button. I have a picture of what I think would look good in my head, wish I had the skills to get it out there and show you, heheh.. What I was thinking, use a graphic that makes it unmistakebly clear it's the Weather button, so you don't need the Weather Chan box or any extra text: a cloud.. a nice big gray silvery cloud, possibly with some drops falling from it (a few small drops or two or three big drops), or a lightning bolt, y'know what I mean? I'll see if I can find anything that illustrates what I mean.

Again, excellent work on the keyboard. Hope you go with #1 smile.gif

hellboy1972

• Archived User
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2005, 07:17:00 AM »

@ninet9mustang

Thanks for all the great design work and effort you spend into this project. Excellent job!

I have to agree to phaleox.  Since the XBMC is not limited to Kodak picture nor native Compact Disk Audio media, the 99 skin shouldn't suggest so either. Not to mention that a brand name shouldn't be used on a graphic of an open source project (except the 'XBOX' name, of course).

According to the keyboard, #1 (the chromish one) is more stylish and looks really outstanding. I hope you decide for it.

Besides the above:
There were several requests about the TV standard the skin gets adapted to.
My comment on this: It would be really nice if you would test the skin on a widescreen TV (I'm personally using a 16:9 PAL TV) before you realease it.

Keep up the excellent work, thanks from all of us who read this thread since it started. We all can't wait to see it coming alive as "release" version.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12