xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!  (Read 924 times)

YnfinitY

• Archived User
Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2005, 06:15:00 AM »

smile.gif  alex

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

The last post I made stated what I was doing...Basically working on some more graphics as requested, I should be able to give a sample out later on today, then I'll get feedback, and we'll go from there... if you want details, just read what I said last...

-NineT9

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »

uhh.gif  uhh.gif These graphics, I sure hope you like them, of course they are just samples, I'm not sure if you guys will really like them, not like them at all, think they are just alright, or what, but just let me know, be absolutley honest with me, its okay! wink.gif

I of course can change anything you see, dont like the rough/textured borders? I can make it just 1 solid color, or if you dont like the keyboard, I can change that too...Just let me know on any improvements, if I just absolutley bombed these graphics and did a horrible job, let me know!!! I really have no idea if you will like em...

Screenshot 1 : (Shown Below)
This is the Media Player layout design when you play a movie & the shutdown screen at the top...The volume is to the top left of the media player, its those white little squares... turned up halfway
user posted image

Screenshot 2 : (Shown Below)
In this shot is the keyboard, and the little movie window... I'm not sure which XBMC logo I want to use for it, the one that is vertical, or the one that is horizontal...Help me decide
user posted image

Now for these, which set of icons do you think we should use for our skin?

Choice #1: (Shown Below)
These set of icons have 2 little icons in EACH button, the top icon is a small real picture, bottom icon is a simple 1 color logo/icon
user posted image

Choice #2: (Shown Below)
These set of icons have 1 larger picture in each button, with a slick chrome look to match the button
user posted image

Well let me know, please be honest, if its horrible, say it! We're here to make this look the best it can, so every complaint and compliment helps...thanks guy!! tongue.gif  smile.gif  biggrin.gif  rolleyes.gif  

-NineT9mustang

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2005, 02:29:00 AM »

Wow those new screens are amazing! You must use Choice #1 it looks alot better. Maybe you could use another pic for the video cam though it looks 2 much like the picture 1. but please remove your name from the bottom right of the screen we all know you made this historic skin.

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2005, 02:42:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  pop.gif

YnfinitY

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2005, 03:45:00 AM »

yes the first choice is the better one. and I love the keyboard layout. The first one with which is not like a.b.c...!!

Dasgooch

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

I am more of a fan for the second set of icons, the reason why is because there are already text labels for the category you are selecting.  No need to have the Icon have the text too, also the icons look a lot cleaner.  I am not wild about the keyboard layout but it does fit the overall scheme of the skin.

I know this has already been discussed before but i'll state it again.  I think the icons should have a little color in them.  I have been using the version that was released last week and I like the fact that The Weather Channel for instance is blue.  Having everything grey tones does get kind of boring.

j_guzzler

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

Obvioulsy we are all going to agree to disagree, the skin itself is nice, wait until it gets completey finished before saying "we should add color", "there should be no colors"  When it gets released I am sure NT9 or whoever puts it out will provide the images, so you can make them whatever color you want and edit them yourself, I am a big fan of blue, so I will prbably add a slight tinge of blue into the icons, or maybe make them a gif and have them change color from red to blue or something, but thats for when its released and bug free, until then, just wait patiently for this to happen.....

But I also agree color is good, color tv was a great invention, and now with this you woldnt know the difference...haha...but this is something i will add when its released....

j_guzzler

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

Dont add colors 2 the icons!! Thats 1 of the only things I hated in the last build (the color on the weather icon)

-If you dont like it change it, your view isn't the same as everyone else.

eerrrr

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »

Very nice additions NineT9mustang!

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

smile.gif love the skin,

1 suggestion:

No purple text. Try a different color. That is all smile.gif

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

uhh.gif I haven't heard anything from you in a while, thanks for the input and supporting the skin, good to hear from ya again wink.gif

ThE MaSTeR 3 : I've already removed my name from the bottom right of the screen! Yes sir! I ph34r.gif  just wanted some type of signature on the skin somewhere, but I can just save that for the "credits" section

YnfinitY : Thanks for your compliment about the keyboard! I wasn't sure if I went too crazy with it jester.gif  its hard creating a design, you create something, add & subtract a bunch of things a lot, without even realizing what it really looks like and if anyone will like it (If anyone knows what I mean)?

Dasgooch : Heyya new poster  biggrin.gif , thanks for replying! I agree with you about the txt labels, I personally like the 2nd choice too, it just adds to the chrome around the button, and just looks better (in my opinion)...

j guzzler : Your 100% right. Once this skin is completed, all graphics will be provided after its done, so you could change colors graphics, etc, I'll even do the graphic work for people individually if they would like  smile.gif

Hades 666 : Purple Txt? Which are you reffering to? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the colors of the skin are blue/grey...right guys?? sad.gif

robinprice : I would LOVE to create something like chokemaniac.net, but I can't for many reasons, 1.) I do not have the time at all, It would take a lot of dedication and time, like mostly everyone, I have a job and go to school 2.) Knowledge, I do not know XML. I am very limited in what I can provide to the dashboard community, I know nothing of xml/html, not even the basics, so for me to do a "package", it'd take time to learn, thats just the learning part. 3.) Design, Although this is my first design, I'm not sure if I can meet the expectations all the time! Chokemaniac is a very skilled designer and has a lot of practice...I'm still a newb! But I guess thats good if I can create a great skin being so new to designing? anyway... you said "Thanks for reading" Thank YOU for reading! I love seeing new people posting they're comments about the skin!

But I really would like to learn the whole xml, open up a website, design skins for all dashboards, work my way to windows skins (wincustomize.com type of stuff), and just practically take my skills and implement them everywhere, but I can't, I have school and work sad.gif If I were able to get $1,000 in donations every month, HA I'd do this every single day!  laugh.gif But really, I'm stuck with just designing some sample skins, and if a xml guy is interested in creating it, it'll be a go!

Now, it seems that almost all of you have a problem with one main thing here blink.gif ... adding "color" to the skin. Half of you are "add color, its too boring, make the weather channel icon blue, etc", then the other half is "dont add color, it makes it stand out, doesn't go with the color scheme of the skin"...I'm really not sure what to do here. Not that this is a big deal, because in the end, anyone who wants the other, can just put theyre color in each graphic easy...But I think I might go with what I want, which is to keep the colors the way they are without any colors that dont match its scheme. If this IS a big issue to some of you, let me know, This isn't just my skin, its ours.

Welp, thanks for all the support since the last update of the graphics! I'm practically done here, just need to get some more input of what needs to be changed if any, and then its up to kotix and his genius xml work!
Jeez this was a long post, sorry if your tired, I should have put a comic relief in the middle there somewhere, my bad... maybe someone can reply with something funny

-NineT9

ThE MaSTeR 3

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

thanx NineT9mustang!

How long do you think it will take kotix? I cant wait for it 2 come out!

deanrparry

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

i'd be happy to help... i know enough about xml to dig in. just drop me a link to download.

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »

Hades 666 : Purple Txt? Which are you reffering to? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the colors of the skin are blue/grey...right guys?? 

The general color for the text, maybe it is just me but it seems violet or purple.

Don't worry about it, not an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12