xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.0 Xbox Tsop Flashed Worked Well For Three Weeks.  (Read 66 times)

zeiram

• Archived User
1.0 Xbox Tsop Flashed Worked Well For Three Weeks.
« on: February 05, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

Hi mates!

I flashed the tsop on a 1.0 xbox for a guy some weeks ago and all went perfectly well. I soldered the two sets of points on top and bottom of the board and used xecuter 4980 which I turned to a 1Meg file since the tsop was a 1Meg Hynix and flashed using 007/raincoat0.501

Today things are not so cool, the guy returns me the xbox which displays nothing on screen and has the eject led green for 1 second or so and turns then to flashing red. moreover it seems the dvd tray has some problems when ejecting and goging back into the console.

someone got any idea about what would be the cause of all of this?

:unsure:

##BIG UPDATE##

the symptoms described above were what the guy told me on phone so here is what really happens with the box for I now have it at home:

upon pressing the on button the comsole beeps two times with green eject button and then starts up with a flashing red and green eject button of course I have to wait a littlr bit for the dvd tray to open but contrary to what the guy told me on the phone there seems to be no mechanical problem I only have to wait a little bit.

I suppose that the TSOP has been erased or bad flashed for I let the two solder bridges between the points to let write access to the TSOP and I also let the flash menu in evox dashboard.

do you people think I am right or do any of you see another reason for that problem??

This post has been edited by zeiram: Feb 5 2004, 08:45 PM <

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

Did  that guy play with anything.....Like flashing the bios?......sounds like the xbox is fragging........  <

fluidmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

did you leave the flash TSOP command on the evox dash?
if you did i am 100% sure the guy played with it and got scared and shut off his xbox during the flashing/erasing...happens all the time with people that like to screw around with things they don't know.  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

odd though, usually on a frag the dvd tray doesnt eject at all

what EXACTLY is the LED doing, does it blink green 3 times then flash green/red?  <

zeiram

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

that's exactly what it does LordVader129. I suspect he tried to flash with a 256 K file.

any technic to get it back to work considering the fact that I have no modchip?

I suppose trying something with point a18 or a19 and ground like in multi bios tsop tuto would work if he indeed flashed it with a 1Mo file but I'm not really sure of how to deal with it!!  <

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

Well if it is a v1.0 you can go around and try the A19 and A18 trick and see if you can boot from 256k.....If not he is going to need a Modchip for good...Or a 29wire Mod to fix that TSOP  <

zeiram

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

ok so basically if it was actually flashed with a 256 k file, grounding the a19 point only will cause the console to see only the last 256 k bank which is the one that is flashed in case of a flash with a 256k file. am I right?

sorry for seeming to ask almost the same thing but I'd rather be sure of what I am doing before attempting any foolish thing.  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (zeiram @ Feb 5 2004, 04:01 PM)
ok so basically if it was actually flashed with a 256 k file, grounding the a19 point only will cause the console to see only the last 256 k bank which is the one that is flashed in case of a flash with a 256k file. am I right?

sorry for seeming to ask almost the same thing but I'd rather be sure of what I am doing before attempting any foolish thing.

grounding a19 will cause it to boot from bottom 512k

groubding BOTH a18 and a19 will cause it to boot from the bottom 256k, which its what would be flashed

however thats probably not the case, as evox resizes bios to fit

chances are he saw "erasing" and shut it off real quick, so you best bet will be to try to boot form the TOP bank, by putting a18 and a19 to 3.3v

This post has been edited by lordvader129: Feb 5 2004, 11:06 PM <

zeiram

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

thanks for these info lordvader129.
Actually I didn't know evox auto resized the files to fit the tsop so in that case I wonder what happened to this xbox I will try booting last and first banks but I saw in other posts that some people had problems after having flashed their tsop with xecuter2 4980 what caused their console to freeze on the flubber any upon bootup.

am I in the same case or does the fact that I have no video or sound confirm that this is a bad flash ?  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

yeah, blinking green 3 times then flashing green/red means either no bios is present, the bio sis corrupt, incompatible, or there is some physical damage ont eh motherboard preventign th ebios from load

most likely its a partial flash which can be repaired withthe a18/a19 trick  <