xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Repair Tsops  (Read 44 times)

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« on: February 05, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »

I have a 1.1 which I was trying to put back to retail using 4034 and now it frags so something was wrong with the flash. Anyone out there want to fix it for a small fee? I have no clue why 4034 would not work.

A@ron  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

4034 i believe is a newer 1.0 bios, 1.1s use 48-something or other  <

fluidmax

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

4034 is for V1.0 and since V1.1 (4817) had a dif hash that is why ur bios didn't work...u need a V1.1 bios..and yes now u will need a homebrew (32/29 wires) to fix this problem.(recover the TSOP)

This post has been edited by fluidmax: Feb 5 2004, 05:44 PM <

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

yeah have a homebrew here I made from a chip from pcmerc, I cannot get it to work, I connect it like the diagrams show and the box frags still (meaning it cannot find a bios). My question is, since there is a BIOS inplace (just not a correct one) could a chip different from a homebrew work?  

This post has been edited by A@ron: Feb 5 2004, 06:59 PM <

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

Ive got this thing soldered in properly as per the pictures here and it is still fragging, there are no solder splashes on the board and it looks fine visually. Im using 30 gauge kynar (or however ya spell it) wrapped wire and Im keeping it to under 9 inches. Anyone got an idea why this is still fragging? I also have an X2.2 Lite here, Ive see that as long as I disconnect the D0 at the right time or something I could get it to flash. anyone know how to work this?

A@ron  <

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

Ok got it to boot up... I go into evox and choose the flash bios menu and it gives me the flash not writeable screen even though I popped out the chip. Am I missing something?

A@ron  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (A@ron @ Feb 5 2004, 04:03 PM)
Ok got it to boot up... I go into evox and choose the flash bios menu and it gives me the flash not writeable screen even though I popped out the chip. Am I missing something?

A@ron

i assume this is a true 29-wire homebrew, not an LPC cheapmod

anyway, once its booted into evox cut the wires (i think there are just a few that need cutting but im not sure) and try to flash, it shoudl then flash the TSOP  <

Zedek

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

If it's socketed then all you have to do is pop it out and it should work....if it doesn't then the points may be faulty or the resistors near the points are bad.

<

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

smile.gif Um anyone got which wires i need to cut... i can guess 32 is one (or two rather) since it runs to Vcc and has power. So anyone got the ones i need to cut? Is it typicial for the flash to be unwriteable even if the chip is popped out of the socket. yes this chip is a true homebrew and not a LPC mod...

A@ron

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (Zedek @ Feb 5 2004, 05:59 PM)
If it's socketed then all you have to do is pop it out and it should work....if it doesn't then the points may be faulty or the resistors near the points are bad.

well the write enable points were fine since that is how I got into this situation in the first place.

A@ron  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

might have to check the original TSOP write enable points, make sure they are still bridged

well the write enable points were fine since that is how I got into this situation in the first place.

A@ron

you never know, they have have gotten unbridged while you were installing the mod, check anyway

This post has been edited by lordvader129: Feb 5 2004, 09:11 PM <

3tlk

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

remove chip from socket and cut the wire that say Connect to Point 32.  That wire is used to disable the onboard flashrom, so cutting it will re-enable it.  <

A@ron

• Archived User
Anyone Repair Tsops
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

yeah, will check them... if your 100% sure popping the chip out of the socket will disable it I will try that. I think I may just bridge the backup points with a wire to double check the write enable points are bridged. How many ya repaired Zedek?

A@ron  <