xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dual Boot Tsop Flash With Switch  (Read 37 times)

robgue

• Recovered User
Dual Boot Tsop Flash With Switch
« on: February 04, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

okay. maybe someone can hellp me. got a very specific question. i got my tsop flashed by a local installler a while back and had it set up to dual boot with a switch for live. okay. i reflashed it last week with latest slayers auto installer to latest evox bios (the 6 with eject fix if i'm not mistaken). this is where my stupidity kicks in. i didn't back up old bios or original factory bios. i have xbox v1.1. i want to put  the xbox m$ bios for live and have the evox bios of course. how do i do this? and  how do i get the switch going, to switch back and forth of course? anybody? :blink:
 <

terrorvis

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

OK, so your box still boots with the evox 6 bios (this is not the latest evox bios by the way)?  but does it do the same with switch either way?  If so build yourself a new bios using something like XBTool then disable the switch after booting, you should be able to flash the whole TSOP.  however more info is required, like how the TSOP was split (4 or 2 sections).  I would go back to the guy who did it for you and tell him.  He will be able to tell what to do.

This post has been edited by terrorvis: Feb 4 2004, 02:17 PM <

robgue

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

right now it boots evox in both on and off position of the switch. right now the tsop  has a 1 mb evox bios on it where before it was split in half. 2 evox and 2 original bios.  <

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

Look on your motherboard or HDD and see if it has a kernel version sticker on it.

That will be the version of the retail bios that you need to put back on the tsop.  If you can find that, then go to the "usual places" and download it...all the retail bios's are there.

Most likely it's gonna be 4034 but it could be the version after that (which I don't know what it is off the top of my head)

When you have it, ftp into your xbox and put the retail bios in the bios folder (if your running evox)

reboot the xbox and then go to flash bios in evox, flip the switch to the side that you want the retail bios on and flash.

If it doesn't work, flip the switch back to the other side, reboot, and then flip the switch back and reflash...that's the beauty of the tsop switch ;)  <

terrorvis

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

Ok the switch is not exactly a on and off.  its like this.   So its more, one and two rather than on and off.   Anyway,  boot with the switch one way. find your original bios (some kind person in the bios forum will tell you what it is) and make a 512k version of it in somthing like XBtool.  place it in the c:\bios folder and use the evolutionx flash menu option.  when it reboots the xbox will go into the normal M$dashboard.  flip the switch and reboot and you should still boot evolutionx.

[edit]
Zedek beat me too it!
[/edit]

This post has been edited by terrorvis: Feb 4 2004, 02:32 PM <

robgue

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 06:37:00 AM »

:D thanks guys. let me go try it out. i'll get back to ya'll when i get it going this afternoon. :beer:   <

robgue

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

where i ths evox flash menu? on evoltion x dash? i only see backup folder on c also. :uhh:   <

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

i believe the 1.1 bios is 48-something or other, check the usual places

you might have to add the flashing line to the evox menu section

Item "Flash Bios",ID_Flash_Bios  <

robgue

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

i found an excellent tutorial on flashing bios. so thanks for the help. ;)  

This post has been edited by robgue: Feb 5 2004, 02:17 PM <