xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where Does Xbmc Find The Album Info?  (Read 59 times)

Amything

• Archived User
Where Does Xbmc Find The Album Info?
« on: February 17, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »

It's getting it from the ID3 tag.

My mp3 collection was a mess and when I switched to XBMC I wanted it to look perfect. I asked they guys on #XBMC and they pointed me to www.musicbrainz.org.  It will tag and rename your MP3 files based on their database. It had 97% of all my mp3, for the albums that where missing I imported them into their database in a matter of seconds. Amazing site and now when I view my collection by Album sorted by Artists its simply too cool.

It takes a few minutes to get into the software, it's not really idiot proof, but once you get it down you can do it easily.

nmajin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

kaylapuppy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »

I did the "folder.jpg" method as you described, and it does place a thumbnail there, but it is kinda small. It is not as nicely done as it is in XBMP. Anyone else notice this ? And hopefully this will be fixed.

Amything

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

jester.gif

SuneMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (Agrajag @ Feb 17 2004, 05:35 PM)
I'm older so don't laugh at my music choices to loudly but, for example, when I did album lookup on the file "ABBA - Dancing Queen" it added a thumbnail for Stevie Wonder!

Don't be dissin' Abba!
They rock!

Agrajag

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (SuneMan @ Oct 20 2004, 08:12 PM)
Don't be dissin' Abba!
They rock!

Not me! I LOVE ABBA. I think they're one of the best bands in music history but quite a large number of people just don't like them even a little. Even my wife thought they were strange until I got her hooked when we saw Muriel's Wedding together. That led to quite a nice mutual liking of ABBA music to the point of then running out to see Mamma Mia! on Broadway and loving it. Can't wait to see it again.