xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible To Flash To An Older Retail Bios?  (Read 39 times)

Silent_Buddha

• Archived User
Possible To Flash To An Older Retail Bios?
« on: January 31, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

Just a quick question here.  I'm wondering if it's possible to do a TSOP flash to an older retail BIOS.  For example to flash from 5530 down to 5101?

Would this work?  Or would it screw up the XBOX in some way?  Main reason for doing this is to be able to use PBL (I know I know, some people don't like it) to be able to run unsigned XBE's yet still have the ability to go on XBOX Live.  Unfortunately 5530 doesn't work with PBL, thus the question.

I'm also assuming that 5101 has Focus support.

Oh, and one more, if I did flash to say X2 4981 (assuming of course that I can't flash to and older BIOS) would I still be able to run the MS Dashboard?  I kind of like it.  :P

Thanks in Advance.
SB  <

kazin1111

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »

Yes you can flash it with an older bios, or you can flash it with an x2 bios, or any other bios*.  and if you want to run MS dash, click on MS dash from Evo-X.  <

romeoso

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

dont flash to an older bios just to use a no-modchip exploit.  if you're gonna flash your tsop, you might as well use an x2 bios and skip the whole exploit.  <

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (romeoso @ Feb 8 2004, 08:20 AM)
dont flash to an older bios just to use a no-modchip exploit.  if you're gonna flash your tsop, you might as well use an x2 bios and skip the whole exploit.

Good point there!

You can up/downgrade BIOSes to SOME extent, as long as you remember that:-
V1.0 boards need a V1.0 BIOS (e.g. 1.0.4034)
Boards equipped with a Focus chip must have a Focus compatible BIOS (1.0.5101 or 1.0.5530)

I'm not sure about the compatibility of BIOSes between 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 boards, so I won't comment further here.  <