xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Last Questions After Reading Way Too Many Faq  (Read 66 times)

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Some Last Questions After Reading Way Too Many Faq
« on: January 31, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

After installing MANY mod chips, Im going to start TSOP flashing based on my limited money and, from what I hear, ease of use. My main source is the The Newbie Guide To 007 - Auf Tsop Flashing TUT.
#1: if you get all the way to step 19, and turn off the XBOX, you can still turn i back on and start over, right? Because nothing has been written.

#2: Isnt there a way to just have the TSOP flash using the BIos.bin that was placed on the HDD, rather than using telnet commands to force a write?

Thanx muxh, looking forward to my first flash

ehb  <

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

And when I try to telnet in to my modded box right now, just as a kind of test/trial run through, it says the machin actively refuses the connection, is this cheanged with the 007 files?

Question 3: There are different reports for 1.2+ motherboard unlock points. Do I only have to solder the two TOP mother board points, or must eh underboard point sbe included as well?  

This post has been edited by AkumAPRIME: Jan 31 2004, 05:39 PM <

lukano

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

For 1.2/1.3, just the top two.  I've done 2 with 3 points, and 6 with just 2 points.  All worked great.

Also, if you can't telnet in, make sure your computer is on the 192.168.0.x range of ip's (change what your router specifies if your using a router).  I have a linksys router that will default to 192.168.1.x and the embedded linux in the 007auf savegame uses 192.168.0.64 as a default IP, and if your on 192.168.1.x, you won't be able to connect to 192.168.0.x.  <

blueinfinity

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

read my tut in my sig.. works wonders smile.gif

Dreamcazman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

You can use the link blueinfinty provided or download the new Highway 007/Mech Flash Kit from xbins. Follow the instructions and it does all the flashing for you. No need to telnet to your Xbox.

That is good if you don't have Mechassault.  <