xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Update Bios On Tsop?  (Read 39 times)

nike00

• Archived User
How To Update Bios On Tsop?
« on: January 26, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

trying to update a friends xbox BIOS which was modded by someone else through TSOP.  It was done with the stock HD but now that he got a bigger HD, I wanted to re-flash it with the latest BIOS so that partition 6 (F:) will take all the space rather than using the G: drive.  I tried re-flashing the BIOS through EvoX but it just goes to the blue screen and says "Erasing" but the status bar never moves and just stays there the whole time.  LUckily it didnt mess up anything though. So I was wondering, what other ways is there to re-flash the BIOS?  I read through the 007trick but was a little confusing so just wanna see what else I can try before I do that. Thanks. :)

terrorvis

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

before you flash it you need to know a couple of things.  Ie. xbox version (and therefore bios size) and chipset type.  You also need to check that the jumpers are connected for write and delete access.   I would put in a bit more reading first!

You don't want to break it.

This post has been edited by terrorvis: Jan 26 2004, 04:13 PM

ftothe3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

either the guy disabled writing on the tsop (desoldered the points) or you have a winbond chip. if its a winbond chip on 1 v1.4/1.5 you need to use raincoat. if not, solderpoints are not connected.