xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Itunes  (Read 73 times)

dayking

• Archived User
Itunes
« on: November 20, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

Dependig on whether you are using a mac or a pc, the easiest way to use your iTunes music is to just share the folder where iTunes stores the music.  If your music is scattered, use the consolidate library feature to put all of your songs in one central folder.  To share this folder just use RelaX (or xBMSx if mac) and share your iTunes folder.  Otherwise, there is no software that I know of that uses the iTunes protocol.  Hope this helps.

christer

• Archived User
Itunes
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

Has anyone actually got xBMSx to work? I've tried to get it up and running for days but it just won't work. I've also tried to get SMB to work between the Xbox and my mac (OSX 10.3) server. No luck there either...

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Itunes
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (christer @ Dec 11 2003, 01:17 PM)
Has anyone actually got xBMSx to work? I've tried to get it up and running for days but it just won't work. I've also tried to get SMB to work between the Xbox and my mac (OSX 10.3) server. No luck there either...

Mac OS 10.3 broke the working Samba support with XBMP... and won't even work with 10.3.2 which is supposed to fix windows networking support.

I'm still trying to get xBmsx to work... if anyone has a tutorial, it would be greatly appreciated.  The readme isn't 100% clear and skips steps.

Edit- I got it to work finally!

Two things to do, which I neglected...

#1, make sure you enter a user name, a place to save the LOGS and PID for sure...
#2, everywhere there is a samba connection in your config file, link it to the XBmsX server...

That's it.