xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd In Win 98  (Read 306 times)

my_darxide

• Archived User
Dvd In Win 98
« on: June 20, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

i cannot get windows 98se to recognize the dvd drive. i have tried to change the 98.sh file to what was in a post to fix this prob:

#!/bin/bash
echo Loading Windows Me... -m.e
sudo /mnt/fatx/f/qemu/qemu -L /mnt/fatx/f/qemu/ -m 24 hda /mnt/fatx/f/win98.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -enable-audio -full-screen

but then windows wouldn't even launch from xdsl. then i realized im a retard (or just a noob) and that the 98.sh file wasn't pointing to the right files so i changed it to this:

#!/bin/bash
echo Loading Windows 98... -m.e  
sudo /cdrom/qemu/qemu -L /cdrom/qemu/ -m 24 -hda /cdrom/win98.img
-cdrom /dev/cdrom -enable-audio -full-screen

but it still didn't launch windows and said something about -cdrom not a valid command. do i need to have linux recognize the dvd drive first and how do i do that (sorry like i said I'm a linux noob)? or am i doing something else wrong?

the_devil73

• Archived User
Dvd In Win 98
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:38:00 AM »

#!/bin/bash
echo Loading Windows 98... -m.e
sudo /cdrom/qemu/qemu -L /cdrom/qemu/ -m 24 -hda /cdrom/win98.img -hdb /dev/hdb -enable-audio -full-screen

Worked for me, but people say it dosent work for them. I have a smsung SDG-605B drive. I dont know if that makes a differce but this idid work for me and  i shit you not.

my_darxide

• Archived User
Dvd In Win 98
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »

still no luck now it comes up w/ this error message:

cannot mount hd image /dev/hdb

is there something in XDSL that i hve to do?  

my_darxide

• Archived User
Dvd In Win 98
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

ok i figured out the prob w/ the 98.sh filebut win still shows no dvd drive in my copmuter and it isnt detected by add hardware any ideas?

petermac

• Archived User
Dvd In Win 98
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

you have to mount ur /cdrom/ first, and a cd must be inserted
use the file explorer program to mount it, right click on cdrom, then go to mount