xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Windows Emulation  (Read 158 times)

x-fox

• Archived User
Windows Emulation
« on: June 04, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »

I would like to propose that this forum be renamed to Windows Emulation. I beleive that this forum has lost its way and is heavily leaning towards Windows Emulation rather than a proposed native install of windows. I think the majority of people who visit this forum will agree that the idea of a native install on the xbox is a complete non starter and has been from the word go. The few people that are clutching on to the idea of a native install simply dont have the knowlege, skill or the resources to achieve this. By resources I mean the the source code for the windows kernel and operating system, without which it would be impossible, Nor do they have the support of the rest of the community who are obviously more interested in windows emulation.

Windows Emulation is here now and getting better. I personaly have win95 and 98 running well and infact they run better on my xbox than they did 5 years ago on my pc. Yes things could be better and thats what the community is for. So I propose that this forum be renamed to Windows Emulation and reorganised with more windows emulation tutorials and the like. Let me know your thoughts on this.

jaroc

• Archived User
Windows Emulation
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

I second that.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Windows Emulation
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

then people would start yet another forum about the possibility of native Windows on Xbox.

IMO, just a pinned FAQ stating simple and clear that Windows(95/98/ME) can only be run through linux->QEMU is good enough.

May be a little background in the same FAQ why native Windows will never happen is good too.

Then another link to the currently pinned topic(the dreaming one) for those still don't believe it, where they can continue to talk about it :-)

netdroid9

• Archived User
Windows Emulation
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »

No. The title is good enough.

Anyway, then where would people talk about the native windows installation?

Unless you've all forgotten about windows CE.NET...

x-fox

• Archived User
Windows Emulation
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(netdroid9 @ Jun 5 2005, 07:42 AM)
No. The title is good enough.

Anyway, then where would people talk about the native windows installation?

Unless you've all forgotten about windows CE.NET...

Maybe The title is good enough.

I am just getting fed up of people talking about and clutching onto the idea of native installs of windows. Read my original post. IT AINT GOING TO WORK EVER PERIOD.

CE.NET "lol"